PDA

View Full Version : Anyone every deal with Davids Rally Wheels?

Chevy
12-23-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm working on a pro-touring 68 camaro SS and want OEM looking wheels. I want to go with 17s front and back with 8s in front and 9.5s out back. Davids Rally Wheels has Rallys in 17s that are billet:
http://www.davidsrallywheels.com/rallyrims.html
The 90 series toward the bottom.
Anyone ever dealt with this company? I talked to one fella on the phone and he seemed with it. He quoted $1500 plus shipping for the set of 4, this was with custom backspacing and derby center caps (not the simple ones shown in the photo).
Anyone else know of any other joints making the old school rally wheels in 17s with 8" with 5"BS in front and 9.5" with 5.5"BS in back? I know Newstalgia has them under Vintiques, they come without center caps, after center caps will be about the same price...
http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/listproducts.asp?cat=10110
Anyone else? Can anyone recommend either of these joints?
Thanks!

Chevy
12-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Actually, while i'm at it, what do people recommend for tires? If i went with Vintiques i can get BFG g-Force KDW 245/45 17s for the front and 275/40/17 for the rear. I have Eagle F1 GSD3s on my 4th gen and dig 'em. I've seen the max g numbers for a few tires, but i haven't seen where most manufacturers list them...anyone know where to find them?

Thanks Again!

willieboy240
12-23-2004, 05:44 PM
i live in san francisco and dave is local. i have a set of his wheels on my chevelle. 15 x 8's in the front and 15 x 10's in the back. daves a cool guy. the rallies are from wheel viniquies (sp). i heard that they are blems but i didnt see anything wrong with the ones i got. the only thing wrong with the 10's that i didnt like was that dave got the back spacing wrong by 1/4". i didnt check it until 1 year later. so oh well. he even delivered them to me for free.

if you are local you can go to pleasonton swap meet and wheel viniquies has there blems there for cheap. i picked up (4) chrome 17 x 8's with caps for 580. but on those you can see the blem was a missed chrome on the edge about ---- that long. but hey you cant beat that price.

Jeff70
12-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey Chevy,

I've bought several sets of rallys from dave i just bought a set a month ago for my 72 Monte Carlo, he is a good guy, and sells his wheels at a great price mainly because selling rallys is his side job and everything is done out of his house with him and his wife, i would not think twice about buying from him, i send everybody that ask me where i got mine from to him.
I hope this helps.

Chevy
12-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback on Dave's--it's great to know others have had good experiences before sending your hard-earned $ away!
Happy New Year!

ViperBlue68
12-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Chevy,

I bought my rally wheels from dave he was really cool and easy to deal with he gave me my 4 15x8 vette rallys with caps and beauty rings for $250.00 no shipping cuz hes local (nor-cal) I thought that was a good deal:dunno: ....hope that helps oh yah sorry for the late reply... :wtlw: