PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows

LT1Nova
12-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Has you used any aftermarket power window kits and what are your expirences? I want to put some in my 71 Nova.

Steve1968LS2
12-25-2004, 11:48 AM
I installed the kit by Electric Life in my 69.. seems to work ok.. they sure do go up and down FAST.. could loose an arm if your not careful.. ;)

ViperBlue68
01-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I have the the electric life kit front and rear and they work great a LITTLE fast like steve said gotta be careful :injured: good deal for the price through summit..and they give u summit bucks for buying em... my .2 cents

Stokes
01-03-2005, 08:00 PM
How do the power window kits compare in weight to the stock manual units?

Chris

69 panel
01-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Try this place:

http://www.a1electric.com/

I've purchased several kits from them and always satisfied with service.

69Myway
01-13-2005, 02:16 AM
I am building my car with 9 parts creativity, 1 part green backs, so everthing has to be as quality as possible while being as CHEAP as possible.

Enter.....the Caprice power window conversion. I love the idea of plug and play, but couldn't stomach the expense of the full aftermarket kit including the switch kit.

So, I yanked the windows from a 1996 Caprice including the wire harness. I had to heat the inner door panel and pound the recesses flat where the stock regulator mounted. I put the Camaro tracks on the caprice regulator, drilled new holes and mounted.

The really cool thing is it even has AUTO down, and Lock out mode.

I got lazy in the rear and just installed a pair of aftermarket motors that run a cable ring around the old shaft. I figure the rear windows will be used 1/10th the time of the front, so there should be no fatique problems there at all.

Here is a picture of the door panel modified to accept the caprice regulators. The last trick will be customizing the door trim panel, but I already have some quick ideas there. Should be fairly easy and very trick.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/01/pwrwinJPG-1.jpg

69Rathead
01-13-2005, 04:50 AM
Pretty cool! Please do post some pics when you get the panels done... Good job! May try something like that myself now that I've seen what you can do.

Radio Joe
01-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Thats pretty cool and a conversion I bet alot of people would like to do. Do you have more pics of the conversion process and maybe a write up on how to do it?