PDA

View Full Version : voltage regulator help please

copo69
12-23-2004, 08:51 AM
69 camaro 205 amp alt . one red wire fuseable link one brown wire one blue wire one white wire. wich do i remove or jump so i dont have an alt light on in the dash.? is it possiable to remove the regulator all together ? and if so what do i need to do so i have no problems thanks
.what do i have to do to remove both of theese from the system. i have no horn /. click the pic for larger view

smittys69
12-23-2004, 05:50 PM
I'll tell ya what I did and seems to work pretty well. I just junked the voltage regulator and purchased a new one-wire 100a alternator with a built in voltage regulator. The only way you can disconnect your existing voltage regulator is to buy the alternator with one built in. The one-wire alternator works great. Not a bunch of wires running to the alternator. All you need is one heavy guage wire running from the alt. terminal to the battery. I just taped up my plug to the old voltage regulator and hid it in the front fender. You can purchase one-wire alt's from most part stores but I bought a chrome one from JEGS