PDA

View Full Version : DSE coilover alignment specs needed!

Chevy
06-01-2007, 01:36 PM
I have a 68 camaro and did the DSE coilover conversion kit. I live in Hawaii, and we have "Hot Rod Police" called Recon that inspect your car if it has been modified from stock. If you don't pass this test your car is no longer street legal. They want me to put the car to stock alignment specs but will allow non-stock if i have it in writing from DSE. I need to be able to show them in writing the DSE front alignment specs but i lost that page from the kit...and i need it this weekend, DSE is closed for the weekend and i have my appointment with Recon Monday morning!

Can anyone scan the page in from the kit with the alignment specs and email it to me...or fax?

Thanks!

aonghus
06-01-2007, 01:58 PM
I just went to check my 'DSE Parts' folder, where I keep all my documentation, don't have it, which is yet another reason why I stopped ordering from parts from Marquez.

Sorry I couldn't help.

aonghus
06-01-2007, 02:05 PM
I forgot to mention, a guy I know lives on Oahu who has a whole gaggle of First-gens. He probobly has factory alignment specs somewhere.

Look up, his name is Dwight Minh, he owns Minh Plastics. Don't have his phone #, but he is a sharp dude and I'm sure you can probobly find him (look up his business address? I've been there, dont' remember the # though)

Tell him Cody, Miki-Lani's nephew reffered you.

Chevy
06-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I forgot to mention, a guy I know lives on Oahu who has a whole gaggle of First-gens. He probobly has factory alignment specs somewhere.

Look up, his name is Dwight Minh, he owns Minh Plastics. Don't have his phone #, but he is a sharp dude and I'm sure you can probobly find him (look up his business address? I've been there, dont' remember the # though)

Tell him Cody, Miki-Lani's nephew reffered you.

I've met him before, one of his Camaros was featured in one of the national mags (don't remember which one). Nice guy.

BUT--the problem isn't that i need the specs, i have the factory and DSE's specs--i need a piece of paper from DSE with their specs. The car is already aligned to DSE specs. I only got them from DSE over the phone, and the Recon wants them in writing. According to DSE, they came with the kit, and i assumed i lost them...but if you don't have them either, maybe they aren't written in the paperwork with the coilover conversoin kit?

Anyone help?

aonghus
06-01-2007, 03:06 PM
ahhh yeah, brain fart, need to read more closely :doh:

and damn, small world.

I just assumed Marquez generally dropped the ball on my entire order at the time, but I haven't needed the specs yet, as the car is still in pieces. I don't have ANY paperwork for my coil-over conversion though.

You do have one advantage though, DSE will be open 6 hours ahead of you, I'd say just call them in the morning on monday and let them know its an emergency if all else fails.

Chevy
06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I went to recon and they allowed the alignment just on my say-so. Thanks for the effort Cody.

aonghus
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Wish I could have done more, glad they didn't origi-nazi you off the road!

:drive1: