PDA

View Full Version : GW Subframe connectors: best way to bolt them in?

formula
05-31-2007, 11:44 AM
I was thinking about my global west SFC's, trying to decide what the best way to bolt them in is, and decided to look for a little advice over here. I've lost my directions, so any thoughts on the subject are appreciated. For the front perches, once they're slid over the subframe rails--

-1 bolt or 2 per side? I happen to have a couple extra bolts that would do the job, and am wondering if it wouldn't provide a sturdier connection with two bolts and the body mount all holding the connector together in place...
-And where is the best place to drill the hole/holes? As far forward on the frame as possible? as far back? centered?

Goatman
05-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Welded....

formula
05-31-2007, 12:39 PM
of course, but not until after i have a chance to pull my sub, clean it up, seam weld it, and then stick it back under there. Since that's still a couple years down the road and i already have the connectors, I'd rather go ahead and get them in there.

6'9"Witha69
06-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Bolt in the middle. It will have more area around it to distribute the stress IMHO. And the 2 bolt per side idea is good too.