PDA

View Full Version : 69 firebird T/A convertible

SamHatco
05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
I have been reading just about everything I can on this site and I must say the knowledge and exchange of ideas is just amazing!! :twothumbs
I've been a gearhead just about all my life. I worked my way through college as a line mechanic for a chevy dealership way way back in the 70's. You know as the saying goes, once you get grease in your blood the only cure is to build a car. Well I just purchased a 69 firebird convertible that the previous owner tried to turn into a T/A clone. My plans are to swap in a LS1 and a T-56 six speed. Pro touring suspension of course, have not decided on which components, but I'm certain of Hotckis subframe connectors and convertible x brace. I hope that I can rely on you guys to help me through this build. I haven't figured out to post pictures so I set up pictues on www.fquick/SamHatco (http://www.fquick.com/SamHatco)

Edit: I forgot the .com in www.fquick.com/SamHatco I fixed it now

Sam

ProdigyCustoms
05-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Welcome, Were going to be great friends. I look forward to seeing your car done and helping if I can. We have a lot of things in common. I am sure we can help you along with your project. We build Protoutring cars and sell all the part needed to build them. Also, we happen to be building a extreme 69 Trans Am convertible.

Could not open your link, here is a link to the announcment thread to our project you might enjoy

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27942&highlight=emptynest

dropit69
05-30-2007, 05:26 PM
hey there and welcome i take it you are Sam..lol..looks like awesome project..i have a 69 400 bird ill get to one day..lol..added you to my fquick page..link in bottom of sig worked for me..

ProdigyCustoms
05-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Got your bottom link in your sig to work. Car looks good. Those cars are so killer! FWIW, we have a member on this board that has one of the 8 real 69 TA convertibles. And his is probably the best restored example of all. Some guys have all the luck!

SamHatco
05-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks Frank, Darrin

That is one killer of a ride on Project Emptynest, Frank. I've been researching a lot of sites and I have bookmarked your site. You guys do wonderful work. I think the only limitation in this hobby is your pocket book. I love the light bar. I've been wanting to do that to mine. I've been looking at the NOV8TER build done by Yearone. So many ideas and so little time and money lol. I'm in the process of stripping the car right now and hope to have at the bead blaster next week. Then off to the body shop. So far no major surprises with the metal. A little rust around the windshield channel, trunk and floor pans. I'm not surprised. Thanks again for the welcome and encouragment.

Sam

Ralph LoGrasso
05-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the site, Sam.