PDA

View Full Version : Heater House Options ?

HzEmall
05-30-2007, 08:17 AM
Got a client with a 67 Camaro with the OEM heater core. We want to use AN "style" fittings for the heater hoses, what do you use to attach to the barbed ends on the heater core ?

We found fittings that have 90 degree swivels etc to come out of the intake and the water pump but any other suggestions would be great.

It has a chevy small block in it with the TruTrac system on it.

vintageracer
05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Two choices I see are to use the fake look AN clamps sets that are available on the hose at the heater or fabricate a heater core out of aluminum that will allow the aluminum AN fittings to be welded on the core.

MonzaRacer
06-01-2007, 07:41 PM
See if they still make the compression type fitting end that hooks to braided lines. Cut the ribe off the brass then simply slip on the compression fitting ( I used some of these from either Russel or Erls or Aeroquip for fule lines once) and the other end is a fitting end for yhr braided stuff.

Mr. Camaro
06-04-2007, 12:38 PM
I have done this a few times.

Start by removing the enlarged end of the heater core inlet & outlet tubes then solder brass male AN flares to the tubes straight sections that remain.

Any hose shop can do it for you in 10 minutes or you can do it yourself with about $10 in parts.

This will give you real AN fittings and hoses on any heater core.

Hope this helps.