PDA

View Full Version : Paint is on now the work starts.

Cruiser
05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Just a quick shot of the my 67 back from prison.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/05/S6300053-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/05/S6300052-1.jpg

A before shot.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/05/100_2030-1.jpg

Mr.VENGEANCE
05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
such a nice color.. ode to penny type thing..

Cruiser
05-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Had to choose a color. Over the years I have had red, black, yellow and blue Camaros and Chevelles and one Fathom Green 69 Chevelle. Have to also include primer in those colors also.

Not an ode to Penny, but she is the Camaro that swayed my choice on this color after thinking about it for months. I Finlay nailed down the color last Oct on my Birthday. The wife hated it then...........she loves it now!!! I have to say I don't think there are many this color. When people ask the color I tell them then they go......uhmm I don't know if I like it or not. It a funny reaction and the color is out of the norm at least around my area. I live in the boonies in South Arkansas. Pretty much plain Vanilla people around here.

Joe

Bad Bowtie
05-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Man, ya gotta feel good about getting it out of the hostage situation (body shop), that sometimes is a feat within itself. I for one like the color, i'm sure it has a nice brilliance in the sun too.
Keep us posted as you go
Thanks for sharing
BB

dropit69
05-29-2007, 05:19 PM
AWESOME..i just sold a 80 camaro that color..had alot of people like it and some just stare..lol..now get it finished..!!

trapin
05-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh hell yes....I love it.

And ya know what...the quizzical looks are what you want anyway. Our cars are not meant for conformists.

The paint looks great. What are your future plans?

Cruiser
05-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Future plans are more of Pro-Touring type ride. More looks than anything else. The goal is to build it up slow as funds permit. I want to go with more suspension than anything else. Even this part will be more of build in progress but that's where I am starting first and that begins with brakes. Then wheels. Basic plans for suspension is C5 fronts and 98-02 Camaro rears. DSE 3 inch drop leafs in the rear (2 inch??) Global west uppers with delalume bushings, stock lowers with delalume bushings and QA1 coil overs. I am pretty sure I want a 17x8 in the front and 17x9.5 in the rear I guess that's subject to change with wheel choice somewhat.

It's already getting 2002 Camaro front buckets and console. The laundry list goes on for ever but that is basic plan right now.

The future I would love to mini-tub, a quadra link and LS1 with 4L80 or other type overdrive auto trans.

Now all I need to do is hit the lottery!!! Donations are being accepted.........LOL!!!:santa3:

Cruiser
05-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Man, ya gotta feel good about getting it out of the hostage situation (body shop), that sometimes is a feat within itself. I for one like the color, i'm sure it has a nice brilliance in the sun too.
Keep us posted as you go
Thanks for sharing
BB

I have never had good luck with body and paint people, never ever, ever. This experiance was no better, I am just glad to have it back. it needs a few things taken care of and was going to leave it but god knows when it would have been back to me.

I hope all body and paint people are not the same but all the ones I have ever used are just.....well I'll stop complaining I have my Camaro back!!

I even paid what they asked when they asked, had parts when needed, helped when I had to or when asked...........I really need to shut up about them.:machine: :machine: :machine: :evil:

Joe

Tony_SS
05-30-2007, 07:31 AM
I think that Neon in the background helped with the color choice.. :) I can't talk, mine is from an 06 Mazda Miata..

But she def. looks good!!

curly
05-30-2007, 09:04 AM
I like the color! Keep us posted with updates.

jasonsnova
05-30-2007, 09:07 AM
lookin good, how long did the body shop...i mean "prison " have it.....body work is no quick thing....i know i own a body shop! lol

Steve1968LS2
05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Had to choose a color. Over the years I have had red, black, yellow and blue Camaros and Chevelles and one Fathom Green 69 Chevelle. Have to also include primer in those colors also.

Not an ode to Penny, but she is the Camaro that swayed my choice on this color after thinking about it for months. I Finlay nailed down the color last Oct on my Birthday. The wife hated it then...........she loves it now!!! I have to say I don't think there are many this color. When people ask the color I tell them then they go......uhmm I don't know if I like it or not. It a funny reaction and the color is out of the norm at least around my area. I live in the boonies in South Arkansas. Pretty much plain Vanilla people around here.

Joe

Looking good..

Around here (non-vanilla part of the country) people LOVE the color. It really changes quite a bit based on the lighting. In strong sunlight the gold tones comes on and it almost glows. In low light it gets a "dirty penny" hue to it. It certainly has personality.

Can't wait to see your car done. You need to email me a nice shot for the Under Construction section.

Cruiser
05-30-2007, 03:01 PM
lookin good, how long did the body shop...i mean "prison " have it.....body work is no quick thing....i know i own a body shop! lol

Oct 2005 was when they got it. Was supposed to done in Feb-March 2006. Just picked her up last Sat.......:banghead:

It's not all it was supposed to be or promised to be by them. I am not going to complain because the price was very good, but it also sorta shows. The one thing about this is she will be driven and driven hard and enjoyed. The other nice thing is she will look good in pictures.

My 1969 SS396 Chevelle was Fathom green and the paint and body work was concourse show quality. It was done when I lived in San Diego. It's hard to look at this job and remember the Chevelle. I just have to keep in mind that's one of the reasons I sold my Chevelle. it was just to damn nice for me and what I wanted.

I paid $3500 for body and paint work on the Camaro. That includes materials. They replaced (bought sheet metal) the pass 1/4, rear window panel, drivers rear 1/4 lower patch panel and repaired a trashed spoiler I bought at off e-pay. In some places it looks like a $3500 job in others it looks like the 10K job I put into my Chevelle.

In any case it should have never taken the amount of time it did. That's why I am so flustered over it. My Chevelle was done in half the time and was astonishing when completed from paint. The other cool thing about my Chevelle was it had all the original sheet metal on it. Only a few spots required patching.

Joe

WhiteG240
05-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Is that Sunset Orange Metallic? Or is it the same color as Penny?

Cruiser
05-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Looking good..

Around here (non-vanilla part of the country) people LOVE the color. It really changes quite a bit based on the lighting. In strong sunlight the gold tones comes on and it almost glows. In low light it gets a "dirty penny" hue to it. It certainly has personality.

Can't wait to see your car done. You need to email me a nice shot for the Under Construction section.

Steve:

Thanks for the offer for the under construction section!!! I will get the buff done and a feew small things and get a few e-mailed to you!! That would really make my day!!!

Your are right about the color and it's changes. When it's brite sun light it does almost glow. I like the way the body lines break up the color in brite light.

Thanks for having such a nice Camaro to sway my desision on paint color. I owe my Camaros color to yours.

Joe

patriot68
05-30-2007, 04:24 PM
mine is getting out of the penn on saturday..shes been in ther since jan 05..car looks awesome..sure would look cool with the mystery billett gas cap

Cruiser
05-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Is that Sunset Orange Metallic? Or is it the same color as Penny?

No it's 2002 Plymouth Prowler Pearl Orange.

Joe

formula98
05-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Looks great. Sorry to hear about the body shop issues. Not all body shops are hard to deal with. Good luck on the final touches. Keep the posts and pics coming.

Cruiser
05-31-2007, 10:17 AM
A few pics of the engine. The black vortec valve covers will go when I buy the adaptors to install the GM cast valve covers. not ahigh priority though right now.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/05/67Engine001-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/05/67Engine003-1.jpg

Josh292
06-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I have never had good luck with body and paint people, never ever, ever. This experiance was no better, I am just glad to have it back. it needs a few things taken care of and was going to leave it but god knows when it would have been back to me.

I hope all body and paint people are not the same but all the ones I have ever used are just.....well I'll stop complaining I have my Camaro back!!

I even paid what they asked when they asked, had parts when needed, helped when I had to or when asked...........I really need to shut up about them.:machine: :machine: :machine: :evil:

Joe

I know how you feel, i gave mine to bodyman #1 2 years ago he worked on it for a year then gave up, and never finished it. and now bodyman #2 has had it for 6 months and done nothing. Be glad they actually finished it!

Anyways very nice camaro!! i like the color!!