PDA

View Full Version : First Resoration: 67 camaro

kurider
05-28-2007, 03:40 PM
This is my first restoration. Im not sure what I got into, but at this point I'm:seizure: !!! Here are some pics. I've read a lot on this forum and tons of valuable information. Looking forward to talking to you guys and getting all of your inputs on my new ride. Its a 67 camaro with a 327 with auto trans. Im going to pull the engine and trans and will be looking to upgrade to an LS1 with a T56. I've started ripping it apart and have already cleared the interior. Floor pans are solid. There is some rust near the dash, how should I go about fixing that? Does that have to be replaced with a hole new top section of the dash?

David Sloan
05-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the board.
looks like you got a good starter project there.
The only way to fix rust is to cut it out an replace it with new metal.
If you cover it up it will come back when your done with the paint work.

Josh69
05-29-2007, 08:40 AM
That whole panel is available but if it's just a spot or two you can patch it with new metal from a donor part. Call up all the Camaro parts houses and start a catalog collection, that's the first step!

Consider getting a welder and learn how or make friends with someone who can, it's not easy or cheap to find someone willing and able to do rust repair these days.

formula98
05-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Great start and welcome to the money pit! Keep the posts coming and visit regularly as it keeps the motivation high.

ProdigyCustoms
05-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Welcome aboard. Looks like you have some work in front of you. I do tech calls on Monday and Thursday nights. Feel free to call with any questions. Maybe we can get you started in the right direction.

four zero seven 832 1752

kurider
06-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for all the advice. The plan is to take my time and try to do everything myself or most of it anyways. I got a chance to strip and clean the interior and all the floor plans are solid. I'll be coating it with Por15 within the next week. I'll post some pics once its done.

kurider
06-02-2007, 09:13 AM
The car will be running on a 04 LS1 out of a GTO with a T56. What are some good manuals to buy when doing a restoration like this.