PDA

View Full Version : -Throttle by Wire-

jdub396
05-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Anyone make a "Throttle by Wire" setup for a carb. motor?

Martin71RS
05-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't know...but why would you want that?

Martin

jdub396
05-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Simplicity...along with lots of new "gagjets" run off of that wire.

Goatman
05-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't believe so. Most carb guys want and like the low tech approach...

Lowend
05-25-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't know of one... it's hard enough to do with a throttle body and fuel injectors.

MonzaRacer
05-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Actually its not I am working on 3 different approaches as we speak but one motor really wants to be picky it is power regulation and has burnt 2 motors up so far, atleast it is also used in heavy equipment o the motor cap isnt super expensive.
What I am working on is a small box that is going to "remember" say 5 or 10 starts in different temps ,probably about 50 to 500 "maps" and the holley base will be able to be set up several ways, 4 hole idle or not , DP or Vac.
Figure it this way if we can hook it to an o2 sensor you cna have both an A/F meter AND ETC, and no choke needed.
The motor will be able to "stroke" the throttle to provide enrichment and it will also be able to be used for cruise too.
For the fun part we have the CNC guy saying he can even do a Qjet base.
The neat thing is the pedal assembly will have 3 tps and the ETC will have 2 ,built in.
We mocked the first one up on a Briggs go kart and it ran great till the battery went dead.
Also it will have out puts to work with most of the current FI setups(ie it has its own CTS,MAP,O2, wideband even with a narrow band output for some of the older setups.
The neat thing is its so simple its simply just a matter of getting the "box" to learn enough and keep learning like FI does. If its used with a MAF it cleans up the operating software but to make it economical is fun so far.
WE have toyed with the idea of trying to integrate it into buddies ne Vette with ETC but he hasnt pulled the trigger yet. He forgets we are using Metri-Pac connectors so its a simple plug in. It would also be neet to try it on a late model Vette cros bred wth a BBC inplace of the LSx and still run the stock computer and sensors and simply build a flsh program for the PCM.
I really want to integrate this with my FlexFI as it would make running E85 a lot easier.
Lee