PDA

View Full Version : Recommended high performance brake shops in OC / SoCal?

tripower
05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Greetings,

I'm looking for a shop that can dial in high performance brake systems that's preferably in the OC area - all SoCal is Ok though.

I have a Baer set up and need some pro assistance in getting things dialed in. Thanks in advance for your input.

Rich

SoCal71RS
05-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Glenns Alignment in Costa Mesa.

Rolling_Thunder
05-27-2007, 01:58 AM
"getting things dialed in" meaning what ? proportioning, wear problems, caliper alignment issues ?

tripower
05-28-2007, 08:53 PM
"getting things dialed in" meaning what ? proportioning, wear problems, caliper alignment issues ?

Make sure everything is wearing in correctly, proportioning is right, brakes lock up as they should...

Gary Wells
08-07-2007, 02:43 AM
Hey:
Do I ever see this car at Donut Derelict's in Huntington Beach on Sat. morns?
Might want to consider Tim Lee at DonLeeAuto in Rancho Cucamong. He does all of my suspension work on my turbo Buick.
Telephone only, they do not respond to E-mail for some reason.
Great guy, good prices, and one who does not complain when you bring your own parts.

6'9"Witha69
08-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I still need to check that place out. I know Mr Rupp uses them personally and for PHR articles, and they are right down the street from me!

Gary Wells
08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
If you ever see a white '87 turbo-T in there, stop on by, it will probably be me. Tim & his crew do all of my suspension work. They do great work, they stand behind their work, they don't whine when you bring in your own parts, & they are very fairly priced.

Steve1968LS2
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey:
Might want to consider Tim Lee at DonLeeAuto in Rancho Cucamong. He does all of my suspension work on my turbo Buick.
Great guy, good prices, and one who does not complain when you bring your own parts.

I use Tim at Don Lee ALL THE TIME.. he helped with my LS2 68 and my LS1 69.. oh and my old 2000 SS Camaro. I'm also building most of my Fairlane there.

Don't email, just call them up. Good guys and he's a true gearhead. We featured his turbo '65 Buick in the December issue of PHR.

www.donleeauto.com (http://www.donleeauto.com)

I also know of a top shop for alignments and dyno tuning (efi) in the area. The alignment guy can even do corner scaling.

tripower
08-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey:

Thanks for the recommendation.

I have hit DD in HB with the green Goat but haven't been there in a while. I remember seeing your white T-Type last time I was there...very nice ride! Next time I'm there I'll swing by. I've been hitting the "Cars & Coffee" gig at the Ford PAG building in Irvine the last few times I hit the Saturday AM circuit. (They start go from 7 to 10).

Gary Wells
08-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the recommendation.
I have hit DD in HB with the green Goat but haven't been there in a while. I remember seeing your white T-Type last time I was there...very nice ride! Next time I'm there I'll swing by. I've been hitting the "Cars & Coffee" gig at the Ford PAG building in Irvine the last few times I hit the Saturday AM circuit. (They start go from 7 to 10).
---------------------------------
tripower:
Drop by next time, I hit Donut Derelict's about every 3 weeks or so, or drop me an E-mail the next time that you are planning on going. I have probably seen your green goat, there is 1 at Donut Derelict's every so often.