PDA

View Full Version : Subframe connectors

scottyz
12-20-2004, 05:45 PM
I purchased a set a long time ago for my 80 Z from SSM. They were basically two steel bars and according to the instructions on how to install them would have looked like ****. I ended up cutting them into pieces and rewelding them for a much cleaner fit. I did not weld them to the front subframe but instead to the brace the houses the nut for the subframe bolt. When i bolted up the subframe the doors aligned mint and open and close great now. I question the strength against welding it directly to the front subframe but I may want to remove sometime in the future. If any of Youse have pics of your subrame installs please post them for me. THanks

xtrmeta
12-25-2004, 07:41 AM
A general rule is the subframe connectors will make a difference on your car if installed as they are built. But you have to remember the subframe connector is tightened up against a piece of rubber so you can't expect to much. One easy way to improve them without to much work is to install solid body mounts. The best way is to make your own if you have the means which would be channeled through the floor boards. This gives the best strenght and they don't hang down below the rockers like bolt ons do.