PDA

View Full Version : What makes poker a "SPORT"

Pro-touring towncar
08-17-2004, 05:02 PM
What is with this bull about World poker tour on ESPN. What in the hell make this a sport. Also scrabble?
Grant it people may watch it. But it has no place on ESPN.

Tim

zbugger
08-17-2004, 08:48 PM
I would venture to guess that sweat makes it a sport.

ZZ430
08-17-2004, 08:53 PM
ESPN also had the National Spelling Bee, and the chess championships, so I don't know, but my guess would be sponsor dollars.

Steve Chryssos
08-18-2004, 04:33 AM
I first started watching WPT on the Travel Channel. It ain't travel either. I don't have the answer to your question. But I know I can't stop watching it!!! I suppose the answer is that Poker is considered "Gaming"

BAD6SPD
08-18-2004, 08:01 AM
It sure beats the CRAPFEST that Fox and the rest put on the air..."Who wants to marry my loser Dad?" "The Simpleton Life" "When animals attack the dumbasses that provoke them" "For Love or Slutty" "Joe dumber than a rock" the list goes on and on....generate your garbage programming and the big 4 networks are all over it....I find it pathetic that this is what network programming has come down to....Gimme Discovery Channel 24/7 anyday....

68RallySport
08-18-2004, 12:16 PM
All im gonna say is poker is fun and difficult. Ya theres some luck in there but there is also skill....its also extremly addictive, not watching at least but playing (im up almost $200 for this summer alone) but i dont gamble seeing as its illegal here in cali.....hmmmmm
David

Ralph LoGrasso
08-18-2004, 02:07 PM
It sure beats the CRAPFEST that Fox and the rest put on the air..."Who wants to marry my loser Dad?" "The Simpleton Life" "When animals attack the dumbasses that provoke them" "For Love or Slutty" "Joe dumber than a rock" the list goes on and on....generate your garbage programming and the big 4 networks are all over it....I find it pathetic that this is what network programming has come down to....Gimme Discovery Channel 24/7 anyday....

Jeff, AMEN Brother!!! :hail: Everytime I turn on the TV, it's just ---> :pat: Reality TV is the worst thing ever. I never even watch the big channels anymore. Usually it's Discovery, TLC, Spike, History Channel, or Speed. You can't even watch MTV or VH1 and watch music vids now a days, all it is is shows. And when they do show music, it's terrible mainstreem/pop stuff. :ripped:

harshman
08-18-2004, 02:20 PM
poker is a sport of wits. unless you have played in a real game - vegas not garage, it will seem pointless like.... golf

Pro-touring towncar
08-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Jeff, AMEN Brother!!! :hail: Everytime I turn on the TV, it's just ---> :pat: Reality TV is the worst thing ever. I never even watch the big channels anymore. Usually it's Discovery, TLC, Spike, History Channel, or Speed. You can't even watch MTV or VH1 and watch music vids now a days, all it is is shows. And when they do show music, it's terrible mainstreem/pop stuff. :ripped:

I totaly agree Reality TV is :barf: :barf: crap. I can't stand any of it. What is the point of survivor? A bunch of yuppies who play in the woods for the camera. then soon as the filming is over it's back to the hotel for a hot shower and comfy bed. Put them alone on an island with just them and cameras. have a boat show up weekly to take the ones who cannot handle it home. Then see who is really the survivor.

Don't even get me started on MTV.
Tim