PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman, 30 gallon compressor

BADVELLE
05-21-2007, 05:39 AM
Anyone put or have a suggestion for intake mufflers?? I have seen one guys version on the net, but wanted input from the members here. I am replacing the cylinder/piston and the little one-way brass valve plate that broke, so I thought I would try to quiet the thing down why I have it apart. Feedback?? Thanks.

Steve68
05-24-2007, 05:20 PM
This is the noisey oilless type right??? I want to do the same, noisey azz compressor, I hope someone has a idea,

BADVELLE
05-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Yes, the reed valve type. I have mine repaired now and can muffle the noise a little when I put my hand over the intake. I believe either way, it is the nature of the beast to be noisy, I just want to quiet it some. I will post up what I come up with.

Jim Nilsen
05-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Make a compressor box that is insulated with acoustic foam and put a small fan in it if needed. We had to do this at work for a lab and it quieted it down a lot and kept the compressor clean and with a filter on the box the intake of the compressor stays cleaner too. We just used plywood for the exterior.

Having a compressor room is somewhat of a luxury for most because of space but it always seems to be friendlier to your ears and the compessor.