PDA

View Full Version : LS2 Fuel Line Help

DippedInSauce
05-18-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm putting a LS2 in a 1968 Camaro using the rock valley tank and sender. I saw some pre bent lines in the Street and Performance LS2 video used on a 1969 Camaro. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on pre bent lines as I will not have access to a rack in my install making bending the lines my self a hassle. Or if any one running an ls2 can tell me what they did fuel wise.

Thanks

red67camaro
05-21-2007, 08:11 PM
I just swapped a '96 LT1/4L60E into my '67 Camaro using a Rick's tank.

I bought a pre bent fuel line from my local vendor and installed it alongside the original line using the new line for pressure and the original line as a return. I had to modify them both a bit at the ends, just a cut and rebend-no big deal. I'm using steel braid hose at both ends to connect to the tank/filter and the fuel rails/regulator.

Not too hard to do and much easier than bending up my own line. The pre bent line comes folded in half to keep the length reasonable for shipping but the 180 bend is easily straightened out.

Has been working just fine with zero issues or problems since I got it running, ~600 miles so far.

I realize this is not an LS2 or a rock valley tank, but it might shed a little light on your swap.

Steve1968LS2
05-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Make sure that what you get is for an LS2 and not an LS1. The factory fuel rail sits lower since the fuel injectors themselves sit lower. S&P should have a solution.

DippedInSauce
05-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Thank you both. S&P dose have one to the tune of $550 but oh well I'll just have to anti up.

130fe
05-22-2007, 03:55 AM
Dipped, I bought ones from S&P's tubing shop (can't remember name) for my LT1. They were slightly less than $500 but they were stainless and fit like a glove. It came with the hard lines, braided flex lines, fittings and a fuel filter in the kit. I hated spending that kind of money for fuel lines, but it saved alot of time and frustration for me.

DippedInSauce
05-23-2007, 08:47 AM
S&P it is. $420 without the filter. Pricy but saves time in the long run like you said.