PDA

View Full Version : Any snowmobilers out there?

steemin
12-20-2004, 11:54 AM
You guys love speed so I assume that there are some other sledders out there. Whats everyone ride and where do you go to ride?
I have a Ski Doo 04 600 h.o. rev adrenaline. Mostly ride U.P. Michigan.
I also go out to West Yellowstone once a year.
Yeah I live in Northern Indiana so the car season is over. But for those warm climate guys you don't know what you are missing!

justanova
12-20-2004, 12:42 PM
I used to back when I lived in Iowa about 4 years ago, I used to ride a 96 arctic-cat ZRT, mostly just ditch riding around home and usually 1 trip a year to minnesota to do some trail riding. I hope to take a trip this winter somwhere to rent sleds and do some riding, but I may not get to it this year.

Thats about the only thing I miss about living where it snows, because snowmobiling is alot of fun.

datsbad
12-20-2004, 04:10 PM
hell yeah , i just bought a 05 Mach Z 1000 , 170 hp . cant wait to ride it . leaving for canada on jan 9th

steemin
12-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Datsbad,
Let me know how the new Mach Z performs on your Canada trip.
I am anxious to hear real world impressions.
Top end in ideal conditions should be what like 125+?
Is the Mach Z on a Rev chassis?
I rented a Rev last year in Yellowstone and I was so impressed with the ride and handling that I bought one as soon as I got home.
For those that have never been on a high performance sled it is hard to believe that it is legal!

Poopy
12-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Going for my first ride on my new REV Renegade 600 DPI this week. Im so excited to ride this thing, they are sooooo comfortable compared to the old design of sleds. Not to mention living in British Columbia, we have the best riding on the continent..... ;)

datsbad
01-02-2005, 08:33 PM
steemin, i will let you know . i have changed a few things on it and i am sure it will do 125 + mph easliyl

have you ever checked out dootalk.com ? there is alot of info on there . i am on there all the time . thanks

Rybar
01-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey Poopy, another BCer here. I just went sledding up in Big White today, it was awesome up there.

I've got a 1999 Vmax 500, more of a trail rider not a real performer sled but I got it almost for nothing. Looking to upgrade to a Ski-Doo Rev 800 151" track in the next couple of years and leave this sled for the wife to use.

Poopy
01-02-2005, 10:46 PM
I went out this weekend, not much snow yet... :banghead: It actually kinda sucked. Brand new machine and only logging roads with a foot of snow to ride on.... :(

Oh and BTW....The REV chassis is amazing, for the short time i rode it, it was so comfortable, it was more like riding a dirtbike than the sitting on a couch feeling of a conventional sled.

steemin
01-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Datsbad,
Yes I have been to dootalk. Great site with lots of good info.
You have already modded your Mach Z? Can't you leave anything alone!! I leave for West Yellowstone Wed. We rent sleds out there. Great sleds are available and its not worth the hassle of trailering (1700 miles) and making the necessary adjustments for the altittude.
Scott

datsbad
01-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Datsbad,
Yes I have been to dootalk. Great site with lots of good info.
You have already modded your Mach Z? Can't you leave anything alone!! I leave for West Yellowstone Wed. We rent sleds out there. Great sleds are available and its not worth the hassle of trailering (1700 miles) and making the necessary adjustments for the altittude.
Scott
NOPE , cant leave em alone . i am addicted to it . hell i have not rode the damn thing yet for in the grass . i have done what other guys in canada have done on the snow . i cant wait . where i go is major drag racing . mostly for big money and 300+ hp sleds . its unreal . also i dont blame you on the renting

i also added 8" rear billet wheels to it(bling, bling) . i will post a pic when i get a chance

datsbad
01-17-2005, 08:49 PM
here is pic of the sled . it sure does fly !!!!

DanCheet
01-18-2005, 09:56 PM
yea, i ride an MXZ 583.....not the biggest sled but plenty for me. i ride up in the cascades near snoqualmie pass, french cabin creek, etc. in washington.

69HuggrrrPT
01-19-2005, 07:08 AM
Woo-Hoo! We are gettin plenty of the white stuff at the moment. Right in our back yard near Niagara Falls Canada. I only have a Polaris Indy 500 that's had some mods done, but it will bring the front end up and cruise pretty good so that is plenty for me! :icon996:

Happy sleddin!
Dean

Derek69SS
01-25-2005, 03:50 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
I haven't had it out in snowmobile trim in 4 years, but during the summer I tool around in it occasionally. The car is a '23 Model T, the kit is a late-20s vintage "Snow Bird" kit commonly used by rural mail carriers, and doctors in that era.

steemin
01-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Derek,
What the .... That thing is cool.
I have never seen anything like that before and I have been to two worlds fairs and a (nevermind)
Scott