PDA

View Full Version : Need Good Upholstery Shop - Orange County, CA

tripower
05-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Greetings,

I'm looking for a high quality shop to reskin my stock seats and replace the foam...Looking for giood work, fair prices & quick turnaround. Thanks in advance!

Steve1968LS2
05-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I would reccomend WESTMINSTER AUTO UPHOLSTERY in Anaheim CA.. he did my '69 and my 2000 Camaro. Back in the day he did my '67

His name is Pete Engle.. Tell him Steve Rupp from PHR sent ya.

He also did the interior on Rockdog's '68 camaro...

tripower
05-17-2007, 08:20 PM
I would reccomend WESTMINSTER AUTO UPHOLSTERY in Anaheim CA.. he did my '69 and my 2000 Camaro. Back in the day he did my '67

Thanks Steve! I'm looking to get a couple of 65 GTO buckets redone so it should be pretty simple.

Read the post on you Camaro, glad to hear that insurance will step up for you. Good luck.

rockdogz
05-17-2007, 10:07 PM

Ok, Mr. Quick Draw McGraw!

I second Steve's recommendation... :2nd:

tripower
05-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the tip guys. I called and he estimated $200 to do the two front buckets with me supplying the covers and foam. (Stock replacement stuff) Does that seem high for this job? I'm not sure and am looking for guidance. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Got a couple other quotes and Westminister sounds the best on price and quality!!! Thanks again.

Rich

tripower
05-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the recommendation guys. Pete did a great job and was fast...I dropped the seats off around 2 PM on Tuesday and he called me around 12:30 PM on Wednesday saying they were done! he was a very cool guy and we talked cars for about an hour.

Steve, Pete said you haven't returned his calls. I told him I'd post up a "Where's the love, man?" to you from him. LOL

Gary Wells
08-07-2007, 02:52 AM

--------------------------
Steve:
I wish that I would have known or heard that you were selling your '69 before it sold. Beautiful car, fell in love with it when you had it at Donut Derelict's one Sat morn. I unfortunately heard about it from Tim Lee sometime after it sold. Might have been above my head pricewise, but I would like to have had a shot at it. Good Luck with your new project.

Steve1968LS2
08-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Steve, Pete said you haven't returned his calls. I told him I'd post up a "Where's the love, man?" to you from him. LOL

That guy doesn't call me.. he tells people "have Steve call me, I lost his cell number!"

lol

damn Pete.. ;)

I will drop by there.. his shop is a mile from the PHR office.

Thanks

Steve1968LS2
08-23-2007, 03:37 PM
--------------------------
Steve:
I wish that I would have known or heard that you were selling your '69 before it sold. Beautiful car, fell in love with it when you had it at Donut Derelict's one Sat morn. I unfortunately heard about it from Tim Lee sometime after it sold. Might have been above my head pricewise, but I would like to have had a shot at it. Good Luck with your new project.

thanks Gary.. it sold for $60k in case you were curious.. Nice car but Penny is more what I had in mind. We can go for a blast when she's back on the road.