PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Camaro Project... I'm new from the Raleigh, NC Area

Tim_in_NC
12-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a '68 Camaro and am about to begin the completion of the restoration process. It's actually not a bad '68 to start out with as the guy who owned it prior to myself had already begun some of the body work. The Front End had been updated and replaced where needed, the Rear Fenders and Fender Wells have been replaced, the floor panels were repaired where needed. It has a new fuel tank, sending unit, bolt kit, Cowl Induction Hood, etc...

There is still some body work needed such as the Front Fenders and Both Doors. They are original and look as if they'll be able to be straightened out with minimal issues. I'm currently in the process of finding a Body Shop in the Raleigh/Durham area with experience with 1st Gens or similar. Anyone out there in the North Carolina area? If so, drop me a line...

Pics of the '68 in it's current state can be found at the follow web site...

http://community.webshots.com/album/231953252rPtPQB/0

I have big plans for this car and would love to have it turn out similar to the one in my avatar... I'm also going to go with the LS1/T56 swap and have already found lots of valuable info on this forum...

Look forward to hearing from each of you...

TIM

Camaro Zach
12-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the site, i Am restoring a 68 Camaro as well and thinking about an LS1/T56. Look forward to seeing progress updates :icon996:

Ralph LoGrasso
12-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the site, Tim. Your avatar is kind of small to be able to really tell, but if it's the car I think it is, the owner posts here sometimes.

<--68 Camaro owner as well.

Tim_in_NC
12-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Yea,

I actually took the pic from his website...His company sells the C5 brake upgrade kit for 1st Gens...sorry, I'm drawing a blank on the name...

I wish it were larger but the 80 pixel x 80 pixel cap kept it small... I'm shooting for something similar to his '68... Bright Silver paint, Chrome accents, No Chrome on Fenders and along the bottom door area, 18" Chrome Torq Thrusts in Rear and 17" in the front...

TIM

Matt
12-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Damn good choice, good luck on the project. As you allready said the people here are a font of great information, and very happy to help. Keep us updated with your progress.

Matt (another 68 owner...thinking about an ls1-t56 swap)

TitoJones
12-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I hope to help all of you LS1/T56 swappers out by the first part of the new year. I'm am working on having the LS1 bolt in install kit completed by then.
Tyler