PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo finished pics

ProdigyCustoms
05-17-2007, 11:14 AM
So here it is, 99% finished and going on the trailer. We did not have time to finish the A/C, and the torque converter is stalling to high, and we need to finish the nitrous install, but the car looks killer and this is a car show.

We need to thank some friends.

Holley stepped up and hooked us up with everything on the top of the motor from the killer cylinder heads, Weind intake, New 750 HP carb (bad ass), the new billet mechanical 170 fuel pump, also the new 150 billet electric pump for the nitrous side. Speaking of nitrous they topped the motor with a 2 stage 250HP cheater NOS set up compete with a pretty polished bottle. The little 355 CI motor sounds nasty and is making some nice driveable power. Look for a install feature over at GPSuperStore.com

Hotchkis helped us out with one of everything they make for these cars including a kit, Upper Arm, and A set of 4 Hotchkis shocks on each corner.

As with about everything we build, Forgeline ZX3Ps in all chrome, sizes 18 X 12 and 18 X 10s with 335 / 30 /18s and 255 /40 /18s give the car a killer stance and aggressive look.

Our good buddies at March made sure we used one of their awesome mid mount serpentine set ups including their new beautiful billet alternator and PS pump.

My buddy William at One Off Rides stayed up all night last night, literally, finishing the killer stereo install including Xtant amps and Elevation Audio supplied their new wicked speakers.

Also of particular interest is our Prodigy Customs Wilwood 13" six piston, 12.2 four piston setup for all G Bodies. Looks and works fantastic. thanks to my friends at Wilwood for helping sort out the parts needed to make the kit.

And last special thanks to Carter hickman for the paint deqign. We were stuggling with this one, we knew we wanted 2 tone, we knew we wanted to use white since it is a daily driver, he sure nailed it!

So there it is. it was a bit of a thrash finihing 2 cars. Look for Vette pictures soon as we get it out of the paint booth.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

SicMonte
05-17-2007, 11:23 AM
it looks nice...not my cup of tea...but looks nice.

I thought the fender flares would look better...looks somewhat 4x4ish

Samckitt
05-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Dammit! Anyone have a tissue? LOL

I think it looks great.

4birdman
05-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Not feeling the stance, but the car looks KILLER otherwise!

ProdigyCustoms
05-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I agree it would look more sinster lowered more. It is only lowered 2". We did not want to lower it a bunch and try to drive it everyday. These G bodies ride horrible when lowered to much. We wanted to keep it practical and durable, and maintain a nice ride. We also did not want to ruin any chance of weight transfer as Michael will drag race it often, and lowered to the max cars suck at the dragstrip because they do not transfer weight.

69TAPoser
05-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi Frank-

Nice!

Are those Earl's fittings on the fuel and coolant lines (I can see the Earl's logo on the filter, but just wanted to confirm the lines and fittings)? If so, is it the 350 or 650 line? I am looking for black braided lines and fittings for my car and I am digging the look you have there! :twothumbs

Phil

Tony_SS
05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Overall looks great to me, however, I'll play back seat art director.. Besides lowering it, I would have done black on the headlight insets and grill; also do a bologna slice and 3-3.5 exhaust with extended chrome/stainless corsa tips. Here's a render on the front end tweaks.

John S
05-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Overall, very nice. Frank, I see that you and I share some common taste in the way we set our cars up.
Is that a billet overflow tank on the drivers side? If so is it custom or can they be had somewhere? Thats just what I am looking for.
I think Tony hit it right on though, the black headlight buckets and grill really set off the front end.

formula98
05-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Frank,

Great job! The Monte Carlo looks perfect for a daily driver. Carters paint design and your shops ability to apply it, is a true testament of a quality product.

I can’t wait to see the Vette pictures.

79cutlass
05-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Thats a bada** monte. I like Tony's version more!

McssGmachine
05-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Looks great Frank! Now I want some flares for my car!

ProdigyCustoms
05-18-2007, 06:08 AM
The tank is a nitrous enrichment fuel tank. We will run 114 octane in that tank so when he pushes the button there are no detonation concerns. The engine runs a Holley 170GPH mecahnical pupm and the nitrous tank has its own 150 GPH Holley black pump.

As for the headlights, Michael and I had spirited discussions over that, and at the end of the day it was settled by time, or lack there of. But it is very possible you will see black headlights later.

JChristian1835
05-18-2007, 06:25 AM
That's beautiful Frank... great job as usual, especially with the crunched time frame. I sure wish we had shops around here that did great work like that.

nbecker
05-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Looks great, you guys did a great job. Thats not the monte i want to pull up on at a stoplight!

Samckitt
05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
As I have stated prior, I think it looks great. I think I would have done 3 things differently. I would have hidden the antenna, & changed the rear spoiler & tail lights to the 87/88 style.

Ralph LoGrasso
05-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Looks good!

Twentyover
05-18-2007, 12:40 PM
What's the deal with the brake line coming out of the front of the M/C? Line loc?

Thanks

nbecker
05-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah thats line loc on the inner fender

racereno
08-31-2007, 05:34 PM
We also did not want to ruin any chance of weight transfer as Michael will drag race it often, and lowered to the max cars suck at the dragstrip because they do not transfer weight.

Nice job Prodigy!! I actually think it came off very well for what you all wanted. Like some, I like the tires more tucked but it is still most bad-to-the-bone.

Would the above quote be better phrased as "lowered cars suck at the dragstrip if they have no front/rear weight transfer (aka too stiff for sufficient suspension travel" or "road race cars can't drag" or "street/track(or strip) means it's not real good at either")?:-)

Anyway, you guys are still pushing the envelope. Congrats.

Roger Poirier
08-31-2007, 06:48 PM
I missed this thread. Me like...

However, I going to bitch too... Why? Only because everyone else is. :dunno:

Boys remember it's a driver. :hammer:It's all about how far you want to go and how much time and money you want to put into a project.

Frank, you have set the bar too high. :hand: You are now only allowed to show high end top car builds. An everyday car build is not permitted.

Looks like your going to need a PR firm to handle these situations.

ProdigyCustoms
08-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Right this minute the Monte is getting a new 388CI bottom end to go under all that killer Holley stuff on the top end. Hopefully it will be finished before Pigeon Forge then you can pass judgement in person Roger!

Roger Poirier
08-31-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't know how you do Frank, Looks like GP Superstore has really taken off... Prodigy is now a regular at SEMA. :hail: When do you get a chance to rest? I'm tired for you and I'm just a by stander... Whew!

CRead01
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
I have always liked those years of montes but I think that is the baddest one I have ever seen. I love everything about it but It would look better a little lower. I also know what you mean about driveability though. sweet job.

curly
09-03-2007, 04:21 PM
The color combination makes this car. The only think I would change is the exhaust.... I think I would have 'hidden it' under the car (only because it's got such clean lines).

Awesome job Prodigy!!!!

ProdigyCustoms
09-03-2007, 06:04 PM
He put some nice stainless tips on it now, makes it better. Those cars are hard to hide exhaust on, especially 2 1/2". I will post some more pics in a couple days with the new changes.