PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Olds 442 Clone Project

jtenney75
12-20-2004, 08:35 AM
Hello everyone,

I am a first time member, and am looking for help/reccomendations on parts suppliers for my 1966 Olds 442 Clone project that I would like to add a few mods for a G-Machine. I've never seen a 442/Cutlass G-machine so I thought it would make a unique and interesting project. My ideas so far are:

400 Cubic inch motor.
5 speed manual tranny.
Positrack rear end
Updated steering/brakes/suspension.

I am searching for parts suppliers that make suspension kits that would help get the right stance for my project. Any ideas?? Any help is most appreciated. Thanks.

jtenney75

jtenney75
12-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Hello everyone,

At this phase, I am gathering parts catalogs, manuals, and doing further research into suspension systems to really help plant the Olds 442 clone project to the road. I already pretty much have a good idea about power train components, then I will tackle the cosmetics. More later.

Oh, anyone who would like to ask questions or make suggestions - please feel free. Thanks.

jtenney75

derekf
12-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Welcome aboard, er.. what's your name?

We're glad to have you. I've thrown my 2 cents in your post in the Suspension forum already so I'll skip doing it here. Do you have any pics of your car? We'd love to see them, pretty or not.