PDA

View Full Version : Reccommended Suspension components

jtenney75
12-20-2004, 07:00 AM
Hello,

I am currently doing a 1966 Oldsmobile 2 door Cutlass Coupe into a 442 clone that has some G-machine mods. Any anyone reccomend suspension/steering components that will help plant this car to the road WITHOUT breaking the bank? Any information would be most helpful. Thanks.

jtenney75

MrQuick
12-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi JT, nice throw a wrench in there would you? "without breaking the bank"?? I'd say invest in shocks, springs and sway bars...maybe a tall spindle tube UCA job? still an A body. good luck with that

jtenney75
12-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Vince,

Any known kits that would creat the look of a G-Machine for an A-body Olds? I'm new to the g-machine/pro-touring concept so any ideas would help. Thanks for the reply.

jtenney75

derekf
12-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Any of the Chevelle kits for equivalent years should work for your Olds. If you're looking for one-stop shopping, check out the setups from Global West (www.globalwest.net) or Hotchkis (www.hotchkis.com). I believe that Edelbrock (www.edelbrock.com) has sets for A-bodies as well, and Hotrods To Hell (www.hotrodstohell.net) has both their truckarm setup for the rear and some front end updates for A-bodies.

If you'd prefer to mix-and-match, check out what some of the other A-body folks around here have done/are doing - you're sure to get some great ideas that way.

Before you start throwing money at the suspension, figure out what you're really wanting to do with the car though - a decent percentage of people would be just fine with a new set of bushings, ball joints, and tie rods - not to mention a set of vaguely sticky tires.