PDA

View Full Version : 86 Monte Carlo SS / Prodigy Vette Update

ProdigyCustoms
05-15-2007, 04:22 PM
OK, a quick update and back to work. The Monte Carlo motor took it's first breath and runs great. Got the custom Prodigy Customs / Wilwood 13" six piston, 12.2" four piston kit bleed and looks killer as Wilwood always does. Did not have time to redo / widen the front Forgeline wheels, but they look killer anyway.
So, Michael I are finishing this one. There is no interior in it, no sound system, no front end alignment, We still need to rub it out, and it has not been driven one inch. Thursday morning at 8AM we need to drive it, along with a couple others, through fire, literally through fires in Ocala Florida, to be in Atlanta Thursday night for a photo shoot!
In the meantime, Parsons, Andrew and my brother Dave are in the other room finishing the blower tubing on the Prodigy Vette which got painted Friday night at 12:00 midnight. So right now we are rubbing it out and totally assembling it. It also has a photo shoot scheduled.
Wow, I better quit BSing and get back to work. I will post completed pics Thursday morning before we leave.
Here is a live action shot of the Monte Carlo, the Corvette pics are from Friday night.
See ya'll in Atlanta
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

BMF Machine
05-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Nice Vette!! Is that yours Frank? :usa:

Samckitt
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
At first I thought, D@mn that Monte sets high. :-)

Love it, can't wait to see more of it outside & from multiple angles.

Thanks,
Scot

Samckitt
05-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey Frank, need any more employees in the shop? :-)

BMF Machine
05-15-2007, 05:36 PM
He needs bigger Blocks?? Daggone Huricanes are early this yea; Aint they?

Be prepared Frank!:lurk:

SicMonte
05-15-2007, 09:01 PM
nice nice nice monte.....id give anything to have a car 1/2 that nice.

McssGmachine
05-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I want to see some different angles too!

nitrovette
05-16-2007, 04:11 AM
cant wait to see the finished pics of the vette.waiting patiantly

Steve68
05-16-2007, 04:32 AM
Well at least you got JP over there, I just got the parts to fix the DD, 2 week wait for a Valve cover gasket! Can you say 95 Passat for sale!

Fellas I have some of the same blocks they work great, if you every get a chance to pick some of them up grab them, road construction sites.

Tonight and the next 2 days are a 8pm to 8am, all night at the pad for RMS and OBSS work, those are remote arm and the Boom for all UN shuttle people, Sorry Frank I'd love to help,

SicMonte
05-16-2007, 07:26 AM
where do you find those block?? steve...did you say construction sites??

GBodyGMachine
05-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Im sorry to be rude, but I dont like the monte. I think the fender flares hurt the car. If they were molded in I would feel differently, but it looks kinda cheezy. The overall car is awesome, love the paint.

JEff

ProdigyCustoms
05-16-2007, 04:48 PM
That is what is so great about America. Anyone can state their opinion no matter how flawed, LOL!

The flares could easily be molded, just like the GNX.

ProTouring442
05-16-2007, 05:03 PM
The flares could easily be molded, just like the GNX.

the GNX flare weren't molded... or did you mean that the GNX flares could easily be molded... anyway

Killer look if you ask me (then again, I guess you didn't). The flares look factory, and to me that shows a good job. Nothing better than having someone wonder "did that car come with..." if you know what I mean.

Too bad you all aren't closer, I swear I'd have to come work for you! You do some cool stuff, and seem to have the right attitude. Not all stuffy like some places can be.

Keep the pics coming!
Bill

Edit: It's wonder, not wounder... where the hell did I get "wounder" from anyway!

ProdigyCustoms
05-16-2007, 10:21 PM
the GNX flare weren't molded...
Bill

Really? Surely the factory could not have done something so ................... cheezy?

We had long discusions (arguments) over weather to mold them or not. In the end, the subltle, (did the factory do that?) theme as you mentioned was the final choice.

I am glad you get it Bill!!

As for pictures, it is 2:AM and we are finishing the stereo install right now and she will be ready for pictures at 1 minute until 12PM tomorrow before we load it on the trailer. Yes, I said trailer. We had planed to drive it to the show, but 2 things are holding us up. One would be the 3200RPM converter we had built seems to have more like 4200RPM stall, and I am a little worried about hurting it right out of the gate with a 500 mile trip. And second, and probsbly even more of a reason to trailer it is the love bugs in Florida. The Love bugs are BADDD today, and while Monte Carlo is only a dailey driver, we do not have the heart to kill it the very first day on the road by terrozing the 1 week old paint with a million love bugs. Plus Super Chevy is shooting it tonight, so we would like to preserve the car until the feature shoot is finsihed anyway.

Also, I do not want to leave the Vette out. The vette is SO COOL! The Vette is buffed and polished and being detailed and also will have going on the trailer pictures at 1 minute until noon tomorrow.

Tony_SS
05-17-2007, 09:52 AM
The Monte looks amazing Frank! Love the fender flares too.. You took a chance and I think it paid off big time. Nice job! Can't wait to see more pics too.

ProTouring442
05-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Really? Surely the factory could not have done something so ................... cheezy?

I guess, in theory, the factory didn't, but ASC did.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/05/3270_3JPG-1.jpg

But, as you can see, they weren't molded.

Damn I like that Monte!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill