PDA

View Full Version : looking for some more opinions on my 68 camaro

smallblock86
08-17-2004, 04:53 PM
im serously thinking about purchasing the hotchkis TVS suspension kit for my car. i was wondering how hard is it to install and is it really worth it. i also heard that it lowers the car around 2 in overall, if so great.

baz67
08-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Welcome Smallblock86. Is that 86 or 68? On the hotckis TVS that is what I have heard as well. You may want to try the guys at www.camaros.net and do a search in the suspension forum and you will find all you need.
Brian

zbugger
08-17-2004, 08:33 PM
It's actually a pretty good setup. It's less money than a complete cat5 system, but it does a similar job. The only thing I think you'd need to do is get a set of control arms afterwards. Then, I think you'd be set. I'm piecing it together on my '77 Camaro. I know it costs more, but that's how I can afford it.

CarlC
08-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Cat5 is a whole different monster than TVS.

TVS is great for most enthusiasts. Relatively easy install that's compatible with stock brakes and suspension components.

Cat5 is several Warp Factors better, and more expensive, but a pretty good bang/buck setup if someone wants and needs the Full Monte.

zbugger
08-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Heh.... Notice I said "similar" and not "same". Bang for the buck, TVS is great for a street car. I recently rode in a car with the cat5 rear springs, and it felt awesome. Maybe when I finally decide to do something with my life and make better money.

By the way, sig pic is a little big. Limit is supposed to be 75x250 pixels. Sorry.

67cam406
08-18-2004, 04:17 AM
SmallBlock, There Is a fellow Here (Green69) He has that System, And is Very Happy With the Ride, Plus I saw The Car, It Has a Good Stance To It. I have a Pic of the Car If Needed.

Kevin

chevymike
08-18-2004, 06:19 AM
This is what I have installed on my '69 Camaro. I haven't got it on the road yet so no input there. I did add Global West upper A arms and Del-A-Lum bushings in the lower A arms. I haven't installed the rear sway bar because of what I have read and others have said, I may not need it. I'll try it out first and see if it will need to be installed. Overall, I think it's a good way to go without going to the extreme. I may change it later but for now, I'm going to see how it works. Good luck. :cool: