PDA

View Full Version : My 67 Camaro gots the Detroit lean....

Happyfunballs
05-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I put new DSE 3" drop leafs on my Camaro and it appears that the drivers side is lower causing the rear of the car to lean to the left. I remember reading a thread about this a while back, but couldn't seem to find it. Any suggestions for a remedy, other than putting a 1" block under the other side? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

qwik1320
05-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Fat chick in the rear passenger seat? Sorry, couldn't resist...

1FstChevy
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Eh... could take it to a suspension/alignment specific shop, I have one around here and the guy is like a wizard, he can pinpoint half your problems before seeing the car but your problem might not have much to do with other suspension components... Outside of spending money at a shop if ya don't know anyone who does suspension work then who knows!? Unless one of the leafs is a little off? Or the fat chick problem like qwik mentioned but lets hope not...

sremington
05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
hey man..you need to check on a butchered 1/4 panel install...i know it sounds crazy but ive seen it, you know what i mean...chassis is level...but you got one 1/4 hanging lower than the other. good luck

35spline
05-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Check for wore out body mounts on the sagging side.

Happyfunballs
05-19-2007, 07:31 AM
95% of the items on my car are new including the quarters and the body mounts. I measured the panels and they are close. If you're looking at the back of the car you can actally see it leaning slightly to the drivers side. Now I go about 260lbs so I'm sure it leans when I'm in it, but when I'm out? I remember reading something about this in the past, possibly on the old site. I can't seem to remember what the remedy was. Perhaps it was "put someone equally as fat in the passenger side." lol

Vegas69
05-19-2007, 05:36 PM
I haven't read anything bad about DSE after frequenting this site. I would say you need to take some measurments and see if you have a bad spring. Your front suspension can definitely affect your rear setup.

hotrdblder
05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
leave all bolts ,both from the front spring pockets and both rear shackle bolts loose, set car down so it has its full weight on it, then torque bolts, this is a common slip up, , if it were me i would leave them loose till everthing was installed,glass,fuel tank with fuel, seats etc, the torque when its at its real ride height

Happyfunballs
05-21-2007, 09:04 AM
I had a fleeting thought that the leaf bolts may be too tight, but honestly didn't think that would be the culprit. I'll give it a go. Thanks for the reply.

LowBuckX
05-21-2007, 10:06 AM
MIne did the same with New Hotchkis leafs. I loosened all the spring bolts set the car on the ground and jounced the car a few times and tighted them with all the weight of the car on them. I also did the same with the front A arm bushing bolts. All is level.

Happyfunballs
05-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Groovy, I'll give it a go. Thanks LB.