PDA

View Full Version : resizing pics

baz67
08-17-2004, 04:51 PM
I need to put some pics on one of my threads. I have them on my computer, but they are sized wrong. I do not have photoshop. Is there anything on windowsxp pro. that can I can resize them with? If so how and where because I could not find it. Then if not what software should I buy to do it with.
Thanks
Brian

TonyL
08-17-2004, 05:56 PM
theres photostudio. and a host of other free image programs.

Heres a Google search (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=free+image+editing)

just download one of the free ones..

now, if you are trying to post a pic on our board here, it'll automaticly thumbnail it for you, so it wont load huge until it's been clicked on.

baz67
08-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks Tony, I have photostudio5 on my new laptop, but I could not figure out how to resize. I tried to upload photos in the attachment area of the posting area and it says that my image is to large. I guess I am doing it incorrectly. I could not find any info on posting pics on the new site in the FAQ's area. What is the trick?
Thanks
Brian

TonyL
08-17-2004, 07:46 PM
you are trying the right thing. the "attach" button is the new hotness around here. first off. what is the file extention? is it a .jpg? if it's a .bmp its probably too large a file.

always look in "edit" in your image editor for something like "image size" or "properties"

you should go to image shack (www.imageshack.us)
as the mod for this forum (trying to save space here) i strongly reccomend this site as an alternative. it'll host all your pics for free, no sign up. just click browse, then "host it" a page will pop with all the URL strings (tags and all) that you'll need to post a pic here or any other forum.