PDA

View Full Version : "Safety Control" in Dallas -- Anyone heard of it?

johnny rockett
05-06-2007, 04:41 AM
The year was about 1975 and there was a company out of Dallas Texas called safety control. The company marketed a safety device called " Safety Control" It had testomonials from guys like Mario Andretti and others. The device was marketed like a pyramid. My father and I bought about 10 devices. We placed it above the rear end and it was mounted with 4 bolts. The device was about 24 inches in length and about 4 inchs wide by about 4 to 6 inchs in height.

It was a very freaky device and that it would almost completley stop a car from spinning out while corning even in wet road conditions. I had one in the back of my BMW and gave rides to people scaring the you know what out of them including myself. Never lost control of the car. I think the device had a large piece of metal on springs. I know that the device weighed at least 25 pounds.

I was very young at the time and had not a clue what happened to that company. They supposedly had a patent on it and we sold all of our units. I will tell you that the device DID WORK! I can attest to that as I begin to wear diaper when I gave people a thrill ride....anybody every heard of the company and device?

absintheisfun
05-07-2007, 06:10 PM
never heard of them--not to be rude, but 75 was just before I was born (77), so it was about 15 years ahead of my getting into cars.

I am curious about it though...keep us posted if you find out anything..