PDA

View Full Version : New Frame Maybe Coming!!

camaro41701
12-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Just left tigman's (Mark Giles) house.He is building a frame for us to go under a 68.This one is a complete frame.Everything will be built at his place,control arms,rear suspension(3 bar),and possibly spindles later on.
As soon as he gets done with this frame he will be starting on the bolt in front clip.Talked to him about building control arms for stock subs.He said that was no problem also.
As soon as the full frame is done I will ask mark about posting some pics.
These frames will be something else.The welds are unreal,the fit of everything is just perfect.Like looking under a cup car.

boodlefoof
12-17-2004, 09:56 PM
a full frame eh? I've been considering the possibility of fabbing my own full frame for my '68. Interested to see how they did it.

kamaroman68
03-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Whatever happened with this thread? I mean was there ever a full frame developed for the 68 camaro? and is it for sale? Thanks Chris

kamaroman68
03-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Does anyone know anything more about this?

Sparky67
03-27-2005, 07:53 PM
I don't know anything about that one. Although, if you look at ArtMorrison's site. In their catalog, they show a full frame for a unibody. Camaro, Cuda, etc. This is their Max G chassis, it is not a clip. You can chose the options, C5 Corvette or Tubular A-Arms, Triangulated 4 bar rear suspension. The only minor problem is that you need to build a new floor pan. Any sheetmetal shop or race car shop should be able to build you new floor. This is a CAD engineered frame for your car. I would have went this route, if I knew about this a few months ago. Maybe the next car, that I build..