PDA

View Full Version : Wiring woes

68 stang
12-17-2004, 08:04 PM
I am currently rewirng my 68 Mustang. I am using an EZ wire harness. My problem at the moment is that when I put on my left turn signal my flashers come on. When my flashers come on, all of the lights on the car except for headlights flash. i.e. license plate light and my dash lights. Anyone have any ideas? I was hoping to finish up the wiring this weekend.

Thank you.

OHCbird
12-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Do you have all the grounds installed? Sounds like you wired the flasher into the whole loop...

68 stang
12-18-2004, 09:29 AM
I believe that I have everything grounded but will double check. I will check the wiring for the flashers.
Thanks

StRacerDuke
12-19-2004, 12:21 AM
68 Stang,

I had the same problem with I used the EZ kit for one of my chevelles! It took me forever to figure it out. It turns out that the kit doesn't have the emergency flasher relay needed. You'll have to run the right and left turn signals from separate power sources and bypass your flashers. I just ended up not using emergency flashers on the car. I was really disappointed by the kit. It took me forever to wire the damn thing! Maybe you can call EZ and see if they make a relay now. I used the kit about 5 years ago, so they might have fixed the problem by now.

Hope this helps

my72vette454
12-19-2004, 07:38 AM
I used the 18 circuit setup on my 69 amx last spring and I didnt have any problems with the flashers or turn signals. Only suggestion I might offer is to go back and read the booklet real careful and recheck your wiring. I did have a few other things that didnt work right the first time and in going over everything again I found a few wires that I got hooked up wrong :hammer:

Mike

Zee
12-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Mine worked fine the first time out. It helps if you have a GM as all of the column connectors and wire colors are the same.

68 stang
12-20-2004, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the help. I got that problem all figured out, now I get to fix all of the other problems. Almost time to fire it up.

rbr4155
01-11-2005, 07:07 AM
shoulda gone w/ painless, i just rewired my 69 camaro w/ their setup and I've never done anything like that. Car fired right up and everything worked! awesome setup. I used the 12 circuit.