PDA

View Full Version : Another fuel system question

John S
05-02-2007, 08:21 AM
I've read most of the posts concerning fuel return lines but I have not seen this question asked or addressed anywhere.
Do you think that the original fuel supply tube can be used as a return on a sumped tank?
The supply line on the Monte tank goes into the tank and to the bottom with a screen on the end. My tank is sumped and it has baffles in the bottom of the tank for the sump. If I can reuse this line I will not have to add anything for my fuel return.
Thanks.

camcojb
05-02-2007, 01:28 PM
I normally use a 1/2" return line, but I have used the stock 3/8" feed line on a couple friends cars and they worked fine. I would avoid it if it's 5/16 stock line. As long as it's not restrictive enough to be causing backpressure you should be okay.

Jody

John S
05-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Ok;
I went ahead and used the original 3/8" supply line from the tank. Here is a picture of how I modified it. I removed the strainer from the bottom of the tube and soldered the end and cut a notch in the tube higher up. I also soldered the original 5/16" return line closed. I'm not sure how it is going to work but I guess I'll find out.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif