PDA

View Full Version : Attn 2nd gen (possibly 1st gen) F car folks

PonchoJohn
12-17-2004, 05:37 AM
http://forums.performanceyears.com/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=7286011111&f=8016067811&m=875109819&p=1
This is not an ad. The folks on the above thread are trying to get a quality crossflow exhaust for 2nd gen f cars done. Most of the Pontiac folks know about this, but I thought I'd share this info with you Chevy guys.
This system is a G-machine dream exhaust. Check it out!!
If you are interested, there is info on letting the PYPES division of Performance Years know.
I posted this here for maximum viewing. I'll post it in the Exhaust section as well.
:cool:

MrQuick
12-17-2004, 04:59 PM
thats a nice set up. I love the sound of the older flowmaster crossflows (1990 older). The newer flows don't sound as good. My friend use to work at Sanderson Headers and he use to give me the old flows(black paint) that were replaced with the pretty silver ones. Im saving one for my 70.
Pypes has some nice stuff, Yody says there customer service is cool. Any sound bites?

yody
12-17-2004, 07:56 PM
yeah pypes customer service is really cool.............if you yell at them!!!

homerneedspeed
12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
I put a Pypes kit on a friends Monte Carlo and the kit supplied came with sub-par fasteners, some of the pipes were too short, no directions or even a picture, and extra pre bent pipes. It's just my opinion but I would never buy or recommend buying a kit from them.

JL8Jeff
12-20-2004, 06:40 AM
I put the Pypes tailpipe and headpipe kit on my 68 LT1 Camaro and it fit pretty good. I had an issue with the EFI fuel lines running up in the area where the over axle pipes were but that had nothing to do with the system, it was where the previous owner ran the fuel lines. I would buy their exhaust again.

PonchoJohn
12-20-2004, 08:10 AM
I don't think there's a sound file yet. You might check on the posted link.
For those of you who've had issues, I'm not in your shoes, so I can't comment. The only person that I know of who had a problem with their system eventually (reluctantly) admitted that he made a mistake on the install. I do think they should supply instructions and the parts should be top notch. Maybe you should contact them with your issues. Perhaps something was left out?
Anyways, I think the muffler system will be great for a lowered F car. The Lord only knows how many times I've scraped one of my 2nd gens over the years....

ALLACTIONMAN
12-21-2004, 08:16 PM
HO-RACING IN THE 70'S-90'S SOLD A CROSS FLOW SYSTEM SIMILAR TO THIS THAT HAS BEEN LONG DISCONTINUED. :crying:
THEY ALSO PIONEERED THE "TRI-Y" HEADERS FOR MAX GROUND CLEARANCE (AWESOME,IN CASE U HAVE NOT SEEN THEM). :firefire:
SO I AM :cheers: TO THIS PROJECT !!!
KEEP US POSTED !