PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to row through the gears!

TonyL
04-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Bye Bye powerglide!

wow. Is it ever a different car now that I can shift it. What a *huge* difference in performance.

The new shocks seem ok for now. They coulda been stiffer, but way better than the worn out ones that were in it. Tomorrow, I'm cutting the shifter and mounting a "hurst" shift lever instead. Even found me an authentic 4 speed white knob laying around! Score!

Bedlinered the inside today. Still waiting on my FATMAT to show up. Got my seats mounted, got all the little things buttoned up. Made a little adjustment to the front end and brought her down another 1/2 inch. Used a nibbler to remove loads of fender lip and rolled what was left over. No rubbing, even at full lock.

Here's how I left her tonite. Sleep well 'vair! thrash on tomorrow!
There's a corvair get together May 5th I gotta get to.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

novanutcase
04-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I wish I had that feeling.............:crying:

Congrats Man!!!

John

Jims78elky
04-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Tony,

You definitely got the right wheel/tire combo on the vair!

As always...its just a awesome ride! Get her done so you can
enjoy the shows and summer with it!

Keep up the updates and the great work!

:twothumbs

-Jim

David Sloan
04-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Looking good Tony
Keep up the good work, an keep us posted!

Ralph LoGrasso
04-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Very cool, Tony! What tranny are you running?

TonyL
04-30-2007, 12:03 PM
It's a built saginaw 4 speed. Brand new clutch pressure plate ect. Supposed to be the best clutch for a corvair from Clark's Corvair. Unsure of the ratios, but its very quick and cruises at 65 mph at about 2200 rpm.

Ralph LoGrasso
04-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Sweetness!

Bandit
04-30-2007, 07:40 PM
It's a great feeling ain't it? I bet it feels like it has tons more torque now. Enjoy!

TonyL
04-30-2007, 09:15 PM
It's astonishing. Night and day. And I haven't even pushed it yet.

Other news.

We are going to go pick up ANOTHER late model corvair this weekend. A low mile pampered 1969 monza for my dad. Seems he's been infected with the bug.