PDA

View Full Version : New Seats!!

redsand
12-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Well, I got some seats. I have to tell you these summit seats are sweet for the price. I was expecting the vinyl to be loose, but they are really nice. I wanted a a set of recaro leather but could not stomach the price. With the savings, the trip to disney isn't going to hurt so bad!!! I like how it matches the door panels.

What do you guys think?

rocketrod
12-16-2004, 05:06 PM
Looks great! How close are the top of the seatbacks to the roof? Also what kind of door panels are those and is that a 4th gen console?

Rod

Ralph LoGrasso
12-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Those do look really nice! How much did they set you back?

Raptor Pilot
12-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Did you paint the harness hole surrounds/plastic on the driver seat? I am under the impression that they come all black. Lookin good. I'm sold.

Raptor Pilot
12-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Oops, that might be the flash making it look silver :doh:

69Rathead
12-16-2004, 06:11 PM
They do look awful close to the roof...I'm assuming they just look a little high due to them leaning forward some and not bolted down? Sure hope so...also do they have the Tilt forward feature for access to the back seats? Someone metioned on another post that the Jeg's seats (almost identical seat) do but the Summit ones don't is this true? Seems like they are basically the same seat to me. They look sweet!

redsand
12-17-2004, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the replies
There is some flash I need to take off the harness holes. You can rotate the seats forward to an extent. The downside is the control to rotate the seats are not a pull up levers. I could be wrong but looking at the seats from jegs it is the exact same seat controls.

It is a circular piece you have to rotate to move them forwards or backwards. The seat comes shipped completely flat so it will rotate back all the way. The seats are sitting up quite a bit. They are not mounted yet so we will have to see. The seats were about 430.00 shipped. I have not had a chance to look, but it looks like you can take the middle backs out and adjust the air bladders. The door panels and console are repops for an 80 trans

I am getting there.

USAZR1
12-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Those seats look pretty good. As mentioned above,my concern too is their height. Just don't want them blocking out each side of my El Camino's rear window.

awr68
12-19-2004, 10:22 AM
The seats look great!! How do they feel? Are they on the hard side like most of the more affordable seats I've tryed, or are they actually pretty comfy? How about fitment, what size are you and how do they fit? Thanks for all your info!!

Ok, here's the deal (I've done some extensive research :) ), the Summit seats and the Jegs seats are very simular...but only the Jegs seats offer the 'Tilt Forward' feature. As mentioned above, you can tilt the summit seat forward using the dial on the side, but it's not really the best way to get there....it's basically like a VW Rabbit or Jetta where rear seat access is obtained by sliding the seat forward and not using the recline dial.

Here's a link to the Jegs seat (http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=249519&prmenbr=361) where you can clearly see the tilt lever.

Also, both these seats are priced about the same...not trying to sell you guys on anything imperticular...just trying to help!! :)

redsand
12-20-2004, 03:53 AM
I think the pics makes the seat look a little high. I really have quite a bit of room, again, this is a convertible so we will have to see. I have a 34 waist and there is a ton of room left. I am guessing probably a 40-42 waist should fit. I have a ton of room shoulder wise, but I am not a real big person. The seats are comfortable, although not sparco comfortable. One of the big reasons I got these were for the price and they matched my door panels really well. You are correct on the tilt lever, the summit seats do not have them. The seat stitching and everything else seems the same. Again, for the price I would recommend these all day long. The one thing I am going to have to change are the sliders. Because of how my floor pans are, I am going to have to try and use the old ones.

Thanks again.

awr68
12-20-2004, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the info...it's a big help!! And keep up the good work the car looks great!! :)