PDA

View Full Version : Dramatic drop in Oil pressure, help!!!!

whytry
04-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Motor is a 468 BBC with a F1R procharger and been working on it ever since. Had some help getting Air/Fuel corrected and closer to where it needs to be. Here's my problem. Drove it around yesterday just to pick up pizza and came home, did accelerate hard but got out of it quickly as well. here's my problem. Car all of the sudden started making a winding noise almost like a quiet gear drive when accelerating, and revving, etc. At idle its gone. Once sound came, oil pressure dropped dramatically low, like down to 25 psi and by the time I got home it was down to 10-15 psi....(maybe 2 miles) So far do not see a puddle on the ground of oil, etc, checked oil and looks good, not milky or anything.... Stock oil pan, and high flow pickup.... Where should I begin? I also pulled valve covers and see nothing out of the ordinary so far...

Adam's 55 Chevy
04-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Pick up dropped off or moved and being kissed by the crank?

TT402LS1
04-28-2007, 05:16 AM
I had the same thing happen to me in my Camaro. The oil pick up tube got loose and was resting on the bottom of the oil pan. It cut off the oil suppy to my motor and I spun some rod bearings. Did you tack the oil pick up tube in place?

Ron