PDA

View Full Version : C-4 OR C-5 Suspension For 67 Camaro

Cdog
12-15-2004, 03:41 PM
So wich is better and why? If i'm planning on running Bear brakes, should I care about wich one's are upgradeable?

JMarsa
12-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Parts (control arms, spindles) way cheaper too (dealer). Folks like the C4 hub though because it can be had w/o ABS. Don't get me wrong the C4 can hook, I know a guy who is SCCA autocross national champ and his C4 handles like a ZO6.

--JMarsa

Cdog
12-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Parts (control arms, spindles) way cheaper too (dealer). Folks like the C4 hub though because it can be had w/o ABS. Don't get me wrong the C4 can hook, I know a guy who is SCCA autocross national champ and his C4 handles like a ZO6.

--JMarsa

So the C-5 is your preference? Does Wayne D charge the same for the subframe? You just abandon the ABS if you don't want to use it right?

JMarsa
12-15-2004, 04:39 PM
AFAIK the newer hub causes no probs w/o ABS. The toothed gear is just there I think. I've talked to Wayne about building a C5 frame. This was before he finished Tyler's. I think he's done several by now from what I've read here. He's got jigs so the pricing is close from what I recall. Give him a call. He's a great person and will answer any questions you might have.

--JMarsa

Steve Chryssos
12-17-2004, 05:07 AM
Yup I have a C4 clip. You will remove the ABS sensors and build a simple block off plate. CDog: What plans do you have for your car? Unless you are trying to go to the moon with this thing, I think you will be happier with a C4 coonversion. Wayne has had many years to refine his C4 design.
The C5 stuff still has some packaging issues which can affect suspension geometry and may lead to heartache during clip conversion. Go with the proven setup. The difference in performance (if any) will be hard to measure. So beyond the wow factor of claiming C5 parts, you may be happier with the C4 conversion as a whole (installation, cost, function, etc)