PDA

View Full Version : RetroRides/Goodmark Industries 1st-Gen/4th-Gen Hybrid ?'s

atomicjoe23
04-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Would there really be any advantages to the RetroRides/Goodmark 1st-Gen/4th-Gen Hybrid Unibody over building a Pro-Touring 1st-Gen F-Body using an aftermarket front subframe, subframe connectors, and an aftermarket rear suspension?
True you can use 4th-Gen suspension components but most of the aftermarket front subframes use C5 components (some are now using C6 brakes). . .so what is the true benefit here?
For about the same cost of the Retro Rides Conversion I can have a top quality aftermarket front subframe, subframe connectors and a rear suspension (including all the necessary components). . .the only real advantage that I see here is that RetroRides takes care of all the bodywork for you.
Maybe one of the suspension guru's can pipe in here and give us the real pro's and con's to this option. . .I know that I would definitely appreciate having the real up's and down's of this outlined for me in a straight forward, honest way. . .without any advertising hype!
Thanks in advance. . .

EFI69Cam
04-19-2007, 06:53 AM
For the kind of money they are asking, you could totally refurbish a body, install a 4 link rear suspension and tubs, and purchase a morrison or DSE subframe. This would result in a superior car to the retro rides product.
There are a number of companies that can fix just about any 1st gen you can get your hands on, no matter how far gone it is.

ProdigyCustoms
04-19-2007, 07:35 AM
I agree, a first gen as described above would be a better piece, and a lot more valuabe. We can build a pretty bad ass turn key car for what they get for those things.

atomicjoe23
04-19-2007, 07:58 AM
That's what I thought. . .just wanted to get some validation. Thanks for chiming in on the subject.

ITLBTU
04-19-2007, 09:03 AM
There is one advantage... it's "Brand New"

69TAPoser
04-19-2007, 09:44 AM
There is one advantage... it's "Brand New"

From a value (as in worth) perspective, this isn't neccesarily an advantage. :razz:

Phil