PDA

View Full Version : I am so annoyyed....

68RallySport
08-17-2004, 01:46 PM
So my car has been in LA since february. So much crap i cant even explain. I dont know if u guys remember but my suspension crapped out back then and basically the spindle and lower control arm were seperated and lots of fun damage happened :icon996: (all because of one stinkin castle nut) So my car guy drove all the way up from LA and brought the car back down so he could redue the crap the went wrong. Front valiance and assorted whats its. Also he was gonna have some one get all the dents out. I had and incident with my ebrake cable snapping and my car rolled out of my drive way into a tree :eek: but that only damaged the quarter panel (THANKFULLY) but its was not that bad. Actually everything that is imperfect bothers me on that car! So i realize that this is a side job for somene and just let it get taken care of and my car will be back in no time. Comes about May and the car is still gone. I call to find out that the guy who was fixing it (former herion junky but i guess really good body guy) takes off for a few weeks after not finshing his deadline!!! So the body work moves on to someone else...under the table SUCKS!!!! i have been waiting so long!!! how long does this body work and paint usaully take? My car had a frame off at one point in time and i didnt do it. I dont know the paint code. Also i cant afford a frame off paint job. And since my car is painted on the under side it seems that i will have to stay the same color, plus i couldnt stand opening the door to a diffrent paint job and all the other little places. As a body person would anyone guess how long a side job could take? i know it has way to many variables im just really letting off some steam! being an 18yearold without the one thing i worked at a stinking gas station for 2 1/2 horrible years just to buy my one true pride and joy, i NEED MY CAR BACK.....
David

Steve Chryssos
08-17-2004, 02:03 PM
David,
Many of us have been through the ringer with outside labor. I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you what I did:

I PULLED MY CAR OUT OF THE SHOP!!!

In my case, I bit my tongue for two more weeks until the car was in primer. (you can pick a similar milestone for yourself) Then I went down their with my pickup and a flatbed. (I also brought some muscle to keep everybody cool.) I loaded everything up and never looked back.

Shops like this figure they've got you by the short and curlies. They've got your car and your deposit, so they figure they can do whatever they want. I don't know how long it would have taken to get my car from primer to completion, but I was no longer willing to find out. And if nothing else--I wanted to show the owner of the shop that he CAN'T do whatever he wants.

Good luck
/Steevo