PDA

View Full Version : funny cross drilled post from ls1tech .com

dennis68
12-13-2004, 06:23 PM
1 guy actually claims his car almost did an endo when he hit the brakes :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: What a tool.

LS1TECH link (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248771)

Heres the quote of the day-
EBC Rotors which are cross drilled and dimpled. (Zinc washed for no rust too)They are great for racing and stop on a dime. I am getting them this month, and I felt like we did an indo (lifting the back tires off the ground) when we came to a stop in a car that had them.

Andrew McBride
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
I felt like we did an indo (lifting the back tires off the ground)

he said "felt" Now maybe it was a little overly stated but I wouldn't go as far as saying that he is a "tool" lol

there are some funny posts at times, especially when kids get involved with there HP #'s and performance.

Andrew

Salt Racer
12-14-2004, 04:42 AM
Let's see what kind of braking force it takes to actually pull an endo.

Assumptions~
- Level ground
- constant deceleration
- 3600 lb running weight and 54% over the nose
- 101.25" WB (I think that's the WB for 3rd & 4th gen F-body)
- 20" CG height

All of the weight (and some) on rear axle must be transfered to the front axle to lift the rear tires off the ground. Rear axle weight in this case is 1656 lb.

To pull this off, the car in question must stop from 60mph in 51.6 feet at deceleration rate of 2.33G. Since deceleration isn't really constant, instanteneous G would easily exceed 3.0G. If this guy actually pulled this off, he'd make a fortune selling the front tires he has, considering today's best road racing tires are capable of sustained 1.3~1.4G on non-aero cars. And I'll get cross drilled zinc washed rotors for myself at the risk of being labeled bling.

:rolleyes:

spanky the wondermuffin
12-14-2004, 05:12 AM
my car stops on a dime.tape this here dime to the side of that building and stand back.

dennis68
12-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Thats what we were talking about at work this morning, fcuk the rotors, I want the tires that will stick to the asphault while the front brakes lift the rear into the air.

WS6
12-16-2004, 05:35 PM
i find it funny that with a rotor change people claim how much better the car stops. there is so much wrong information about brakes out there, and with everyone wanting fancy looking rotors it just gets worse. actually it borders on being dangerous if you ask me. people get these crossed drilled and slotted rotors and next thing you know they think the car is track ready.

baz67
12-17-2004, 04:26 AM
Marketing at work and people will follow.
Brian

Poopy
12-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Check this video out if you wanna see some good driving..and front brakes:

http://tom.kat.free.fr/mini.wmv

ryans67deuce
12-28-2004, 06:18 AM
Check this video out if you wanna see some good driving..and front brakes:

http://tom.kat.free.fr/mini.wmv

:jawdrop: :worship: :cool: :drive1: :headbang:

parsonsj
12-28-2004, 06:34 AM
Now that's incredible!

jp

phattires68
12-29-2004, 03:46 PM
All passengers are required to have a barf bag for that ride.

Thanks for sharing!