PDA

View Full Version : Malibu in Canada

evan
04-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Hello from the great white North. My name's Evan and I drive a 1980 Chevy Malibu.

It's obviously a work in progress, and you shouldn't expect any quick progress (because I'm a poor university student) but I'm here to learn. I'm really interested in building a sleeper that can corner so hopefully my budget will eventually catch up to my imagination.

Here's a picture from the day I brought it home.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

I just installed 16" US Wheel Daytona's. These will eventually be my dedicated winter rims, but until I can save up some more scratch they'll be pullin' summer duty too. The next thing I plan to do is remove the wheel arch and rocker chrome. Hopefully I don't uncover too much cancer.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Rubes
04-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Hello Evan...looks like a nice clean start. Is there such a thing as summer up there??:lmao: I used to get up to SK quite a bit when I was "dating" a country singer from Rosetown. Is MFP still getting airplay?

You should have no problem learning from the guys around here. Marcus from SC&C is very well versed in the G-body suspensions, and shares his knowledge openly. Welcome to the site, and have fun.

CHROMAHOLIC
04-03-2007, 03:25 AM
Hi Evan, nice to se another Malibu on the site, if your here to learn there's lots of good info on the site. You mentioned taking off your wheel well chrome, if its in good shape meaning no dents I might be interested in it if your willing to sell. One piece on my passenger side rear has a small dent, so I'm looking for a better one. Jim

evan
04-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Hello Evan...looks like a nice clean start. Is there such a thing as summer up there??:lmao: I used to get up to SK quite a bit when I was "dating" a country singer from Rosetown. Is MFP still getting airplay?

You should have no problem learning from the guys around here. Marcus from SC&C is very well versed in the G-body suspensions, and shares his knowledge openly. Welcome to the site, and have fun. Do you mean Marilyn Faye Parney? I hadn't heard of her, but I found her website. Did you know she has a son??? Do you have anything to do with that??? :moon:

Hi Evan, nice to se another Malibu on the site, if your here to learn there's lots of good info on the site. You mentioned taking off your wheel well chrome, if its in good shape meaning no dents I might be interested in it if your willing to sell. One piece on my passenger side rear has a small dent, so I'm looking for a better one. Jim Wow, nice wagon! I'm pretty sure the wheel well chrome won't be up to the quality you'll want for your car, but I'll definately take some pics once I get them off.

Rubes
04-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Do you mean Marilyn Faye Parney? I hadn't heard of her, but I found her website. Did you know she has a son??? Do you have anything to do with that??? :moon:
LOL...yeah thats her. Her son was already in university when I met her.

By the way, I forgot to mention I got two "bu wagons myself.

fast Ed
04-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Welcome from a fellow Canuckistan resident.

cheers
Ed N.

Black-Jacket
04-03-2007, 10:46 AM
if you need parts in ontario, i got a few handy sources,

welcome

CHROMAHOLIC
04-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey Black Jacket, I'm from Ontario do you have a few part sources you can share...Jim

Black-Jacket
04-03-2007, 11:42 AM
most of my sources were outta oshawa,

they arent shops, more friends but there is a huge wrecking yard out between oshawa and courtice on the 401 they have everything under the sun

in on the canada/michigan border an have bee getting stuff outta the states lately

Ralph LoGrasso
04-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the site, Evan.

fast Ed
04-03-2007, 02:51 PM
most of my sources were outta oshawa,

they arent shops, more friends but there is a huge wrecking yard out between oshawa and courtice on the 401 they have everything under the sun

IIRC, that was the one that had a pretty big fire a few weeks ago. :eek:

RatMalibu
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
welcome

Black-Jacket
04-04-2007, 03:25 AM
IIRC, that was the one that had a pretty big fire a few weeks ago. :eek:

AGIAN??

racereno
04-04-2007, 05:20 PM
How's it goin' eh? Welcome my G-body brother. G-bodies, tomorrow, the WORLD!

evan
04-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!