PDA

View Full Version : how many sq. ft of dynamat?

Andrew McBride
12-13-2004, 07:39 AM
I am fixing to order Dynamat online and was wondering how many sq. ft to do the complete car-68 camaro.

Thanks, Andrew

JayBird
12-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Andrew,

I ordered the 36 sq ft dynmat extreme kit from summit ($200) and did 2/3 of the firewall and all of the floorpan including seat risers. If you did not do the seat risers, you could do all of the firewall and do the back supports for the rear seat area. I finished my firewall with original dynamat (which is black).

Jay

yody
12-13-2004, 01:33 PM
DON"T order it from summit, you can get it on ebay for HALF the price, I got 4 boxes for $400. I used 2 myself, including entire backside of firewall, entire floor all the way up back seat, entire inside of doors, trunk lid, trunk floor. you will need another box to do inside of quarter panels and roof

boodlefoof
12-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I used about 70' of stuff (not dynamat) doing my interior... this went up the firewall, two layers on floor, and a rear firewall I put together.

Flyboy
12-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Also, a good alternative to Dynamat is Fat Mat.

www.fatmat.com

Steve1968LS2
12-14-2004, 07:35 AM
I used about 80sq ft on my car.. did inside the quarters, doors and the roof :) Also did the entire floor.

Got it all on Ebay for about $100 per a bulk pack of Dynomat extreme..

protouring70
12-21-2004, 02:10 PM
I was wondering if the fatmat helps with the heat or if it is just a sound deadner?
And also, does it work as good as DYNAMAT.
Thanks Brent

boodlefoof
12-22-2004, 06:42 PM
The stuff I referred to that I used was FatMat. I was very pleased with it. Very easy to apply, and it really cut down the noise level. Also, it won't hold water (it is just foil-backed butyl). Only complaint is that I had to wait two weeks to get it... but such is life.

It isn't that good of a heat reflector though. I haven't tried Dynamat, so I don't know how they compare, but it did get warm in the footwell (headers tuck very close to floorboard). I drove it around a few times with no carpeting in and it got pretty warm. Now that the carpet is in, I can't really tell much anymore.

If you're worried about heat, you could just get a sheet of heat insulator to put down over the FatMat.

68LSS1
12-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Here's (https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1761) a little of my research. Haven't ordered anything yet.

Stokes
01-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Has anyone seen or tried Mr. Gasket Titan-Lite mat? I've been mention of it in several different magazines (I think mostly Classic Trucks), but nothing else.

Mr. Gasket Titan-Lite (http://go.mrgasket.com/PressReleaseDetails.aspx?brandID=1&ID=8269)

Chris