PDA

View Full Version : Spherical eye sway bar end links?

shelby987
03-31-2007, 07:35 AM
In hot-rod magazine in the back this month they had a setup on a corvette from Guldstrand where spherical eye sway bar end links were used to install a front sway bar, I believe they said it allowed for better positioning of the sway bar to the suspension center pivot point (???). Is anyone running a setup like this? Is it worth it?
I just got my 1LE hollow 36mm front sway bar in the mail, and before I buy my end links I wanted to see if it was worth looking into, or just stick with typical poly mounts.

P.S. I am looking at the SC&C street comp package with ATS spindles to put on my G-body if that makes a difference.

SicMonte
04-03-2007, 07:23 PM
where did you get the 1LE sway bar from?? Im running those end links....and they do feel better. Id say go ahead and get them.

shelby987
04-04-2007, 06:00 AM
where did you get your end links from, was it guldstrand?
After looking at the pics. in hot rod, it almost looks like it is an aftermarket bar, but I am not sure. The 1LE bar is just a 36mm hollow bar purchased online from a 91 camaro.

HOT OHC
04-05-2007, 04:10 PM
You mean somthing like this?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/04/AArms052-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/04/ST_Arms_Installed_03-1.jpg

These are Herb Adams, circa 1983'ish. I cut the female end off a bit (just above the lock nut) so I could shorten the over all length because it was too long for my lowered (cut spring) front end.

wendell
04-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Solid endlinks aren't going to "allowed for better positioning of the sway bar to the suspension center pivot point". They will take some deflection out of the system and that will increase your effective bar rate. Might help might hurt. 99% of the cars on this site aren't developed enough to show the difference. There's plenty of places to spend money on a car. I don't think this one is at the top of the list.

LowBuckX
04-06-2007, 09:27 PM
On another site a guy who runns his car in the pannadetaco or what ever that big road race in Mexico is. He uses Big Block chevy rocker pivot balls in place of the rubber/urethane link bushings. Maybe an Idea sort Semi solid mount. At $9 a set it wouldnt hurt to try em