PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing seats

streetk14
12-11-2004, 07:01 PM
I am looking for new seats for my 68 Camaro. It currently has charcoal gray leather 4th gen. seats. They are in very good shape and are comfortable, but I really want black leather seats. I'd also like something that has a bit more side support to keep me in the seat. I've read some other posts here regaurding Corbeau's. They are now offering the TRS seat in black leather. This is very tempting since they are selling for about a grand for a set. Anybody out there running the Corbeau TRS? I've also been looking into flo-fit seats. They are offered in leather, but are a little more $$$. I cannot find much info on these seats. If anyone has advice or opinions, I'd be happy to hear them. As far as size goes, I have a 32" waist, and am about 5' 10". Thanks,
Andy

awr68
12-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Andy for what it's worth it seems most are buying the new Corbeau Legacy (http://www.motorsportseats.com/corbeau/legacy.html) as it fits the average person a lot better at still a great price.

I would contact Jim at http://www.motorsportseats.com/index.html for two reasons. First, he is very knowledgable when it comes to performance seats. And two, he offers a great discount to PT.com members!!

Hope this helps!!

Oh and there are a few good pics of customers cars/seats on his site too....

JayBird
12-13-2004, 12:37 PM
I have the TRS cloth and I like them alot. I have the wide version since I'm 6'3 and weigh 230, but for you the standard width would be perfect. Good seats for the money. I got my seats from www.apexperformance.net. They gave me a real good price and free shipping.

Jay

streetk14
12-20-2004, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the input, guys. I went on a little road trip this weekend, and stopped at a speed-shop on the way. They had pretty much every Corbeau seat on display, so I was able to sit in both the legacy and the TRS. It was a close match between the two. Seeing as how I want leather, I have decided to go with the TRS (since it is a standard offering). I'll let you know how they are!
Andy

Steve1968LS2
12-21-2004, 08:33 AM
I love my new Recaros.. second car ive had them in and they are the most comfortable and well made seats ive found..

But they are more than a bit pricy... I have the Recaro "style" model..