PDA

View Full Version : I did it again

Footjoy
03-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I don't understand why I always mess up. Maybe ADD, maybe stupidity, who knows. I am fixing up a 70 Nova. I read this forum and I wanted to put fuel injection in it.

Now. I have built street rods, Numbers matching 65 chevelle SS convert. Sedan deliverys so this is not my first attempt. But it is my first experience with the 21st century. I got a good deal on LT1 with transmission, but it was missing alt, ac tps coil computer and who knows what. Well the cost of things to bring it up to being operational is getting larger and larger. So I decided to sell it go with a TPI seemed easier to break into and I could use my accessories.

Now and then I get lucky it so happens the 4L60e is rebuilt and never been run. How lucky can you get? So I thought well I will put this behind TPI motor. OHNO cost of controller out of sight. Well back to drawing board.

I try to sell motor and trans on forums, craigs list and what ever. All I get is people 1000 miles away or they find there way to computer at 3.00 am ask all kinds of questions and disappear.

Oh and not to mention that TPIs are now worth more than my complete LT1 motor. Nobody wants LT1 this week transmission is not worth any thing because I won't guarrantee it.

How did I get here.

The answer is buy a done car.

I hope this cheers somebody up because if it wer'nt for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

more to come

Footjoy