PDA

View Full Version : What should I use for undercoating my car?

CamaroJesse
03-22-2007, 09:27 AM
I cleaned up the bottom of my floor on my camaro and now im just wondering what people recomend for undercoating. Id prefer something spray on.

thanks
Jesse

Goatman
03-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Por 15.....

Scott Parkhurst
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Lizard skin

~SP~

steemin
03-23-2007, 10:56 AM
One thing to keep in mind (and this may not matter to you) is that when knowledgeable buyers are looking at a car undercoating makes
them nervous. Often times the thicker coatings are there to hide problems rather than to protect.
Scott

astroracer
03-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Being in IL. do you deal with salt in the winter? Is this a winter driver? No matter what you put on it you will never get it totally sealed up. Water (and salt) will find their way into every nook and cranny. When you spray on many of these "undercoatings" all you are doing is providing hiding spots for the salt solution. Every seam will hide and hold water and it will not wash out or go away, even in the summer.
I prefer to leave my cars "naked", no undercoating. Spray the cleaned up areas with some rust converter and, after the recommended set-up time, hose it down with some black chassis paint. This leaves the surfaces visible, doesn't provide hiding areas for water and it will dry out and is washable if you want to power wash the car once in a while. Touch-ups are a breeze also.
Just my thoughts...
Mark