PDA

View Full Version : cheap solution for sand blaster

jsconiers
03-20-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm in need of a sand blaster for the garage. Nothing major as I can't imagine myself using it often. I would like to sandblast a few small parts and maybe one quarter and a valence. what would I need for a cheap solution?

Ricoch3T
03-20-2007, 08:10 AM
harbor freight sells some small ones, i have one. It works OK. I'd like a better one though b/c i like blasting the undersides of a car. Dunno where to look for one that wont have the same problem

aggressive male
03-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Be sure you have the right resperator. Don't want to breath that stuff in and get silicoses.

mhotel1
05-07-2007, 07:22 PM
i bought a pressurized kettle blaster for less than $100 on sale at Northern tool. Bought play sand at home depot and strained it with window screen, worked great for $5.00 for a 50lb bag!

richs71Nova
05-07-2007, 07:38 PM
mhotel1, that's a great idea, never thought of using regular play sand...i bought a 10 gallon sandblaster from northern last summer, never got to use it yet, would play sand be a little to hard on sheet metal?

what size compressor are you guys running them on? think a 30 gallon craftsman 120 volt would be too small?

MarkM66
05-08-2007, 06:38 AM
If you're just going to do a few parts, and have a place outside to do it. Heck, you can get a hand held blaster at Wal-Mart for like $15 bucks. It's a siphone feed, just put on end in the bag of sand. Works greats. I've used it a couple times, and use fine white sand. Larger sand will not work.

BADVELLE
05-08-2007, 06:45 AM
If you're just going to do a few parts, and have a place outside to do it. Heck, you can get a hand held blaster at Wal-Mart for like $15 bucks. It's a siphone feed, just put on end in the bag of sand. Works greats. I've used it a couple times, and use fine white sand. Larger sand will not work.

Agreed, for small parts, this type works just fine.