PDA

View Full Version : Injector interchangeablity

Skip Fix
03-17-2007, 02:52 PM
OK EFI experts need some info on injectors. Are the new LS1,2 able to be swapped into older TPI Chevy manifolds/rails like the Chevy and Ford injectors could? Wiring plug compatible?

How much difference in height and diameter are the PICOs that Edlebrock uses on some systems like the Pontiac?

camcojb
03-17-2007, 03:04 PM
OK EFI experts need some info on injectors. Are the new LS1,2 able to be swapped into older TPI Chevy manifolds/rails like the Chevy and Ford injectors could? Wiring plug compatible?

How much difference in height and diameter are the PICOs that Edlebrock uses on some systems like the Pontiac?

The LS1 injectors have the same plug and can swap into a TPI setup, but not the LS2 or LS7. The LS2 are shorter and have a completely different plug (although wiring harness adaptors are available they're still too short) and the LS7 are also shorter still than the LS2.

Jody

TPI Monte SS
03-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Jody, from my readings over at www.thirdgen.org, even stock LS1 injectors are a bit short. LT1 injectors will work fine though; that's what I have swapped into my TPI setup.

camcojb
03-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Jody, from my readings over at www.thirdgen.org (http://www.thirdgen.org), even stock LS1 injectors are a bit short. LT1 injectors will work fine though; that's what I have swapped into my TPI setup.

thanks, that's very possible. I know the LS2/7 are much shorter, but I've seen many guys use standard aftermarket injectors in the LS1's with not problems, so assumed they were close enough to work.

Jody

68Formula
03-18-2007, 12:52 PM
No Jody, you were correct on all accounts.

rockvillespeed
04-04-2007, 06:47 PM
hi skip,
i have external dimensions of the picos and a variety of others if you'd like them.