PDA

View Full Version : need a lil help on this one

copo69
12-10-2004, 08:06 PM
this is on my 70 chevelle i put the chris alston fab 9 set up in the car along with c/a upper and lower bars and now i have wheel hop. do i want to raise the pinion up or lower it down tpo stop the annoying wheel hop../ thansk

MoeBawlz
12-11-2004, 02:12 PM
your going to want to angle it down in relation to the driveshaft..

when you get wheel hop the axle is trying to twist itself upward so you counteract it with an angle that is down.

many people will differ in what they say about the angle it should be set at... like it should be between 1 and 3 degrees. some say that it should be 2 degrees. you might want to talk to some chevelle guys and see what they set theres at.

copo69
12-11-2004, 03:23 PM
okay thanks much basically needed a direction to start in and you gave me that . thanks and have a great christmas

Zefhix
12-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Is the Chevelle lowered?

ProdigyCustoms
12-11-2004, 04:58 PM
Most times a nine inch is already to far negative (down) because of the low yoke position. What you need to do is put the car on blocks or ramps, so you can get under the car with it sitting on its suspension. To be perfect you should through a couple hundred pounds (or your weight) in the drivers seat.
Then with a angle finder from home depot, measure the angle along the driveshaft, and then the front edge of the pinion yoke. you want to subtract one from the other and get between 0 and 2 degree negative (down) in a street car "4 link". To far down will cause severe wheel hop as the rear tries to climb, but can't. Up will also cause this. It must be right.