PDA

View Full Version : Plans Changed! What Backspacing??

colt zantop
12-10-2004, 05:22 PM
howdy everyone, well, I got a slight change of plans and I decided on not doing the mini tub. Im gonna be pushing for time taking off to school in spring and also $$ wise. so heres the question......what backspacing do I need for a 68 camaro for the rear tires to sit in as much as possible to give that "tucked" look. also, is a 9.5 the widest I can run in the rear in a stock rear wheel well??? I want a deep rear rim look and also want it tucked as much as possible.

any help would be great!

MrQuick
12-10-2004, 05:32 PM
awh say it isn't so...you can leave your car with me to tub it...anyways stock rear 9 1/2" rim 5 1/2" - 5 5/8" back space running a 285 tire.You will have to cut and roll the outer lip and massage the inner well abit. good luck with it.

colt zantop
12-10-2004, 05:42 PM
THANKS for the quick reply....I know....it FRIGGIN SUCKS! but what can I do. I got some unexpected bills and so its time to put the mini tub(and the rest of my plans for the car this winter) on the back burner.... Im bummed, oh well, Im gonna get a nice set of wheels and enjoy the car for a couple months before I leave it home to go to school. thanks again for the quick reply!

datsbad
12-10-2004, 08:31 PM
get a fat lip wheel , the rim looks wider than it is . you wll love them .

kyle will know what i am talking about