PDA

View Full Version : Help on Lowering my Torino

killerzracing71
03-14-2007, 05:46 AM
How would i go about doin this i want a cheaper way to lower my car...... mainly non adjustable (no airbags Moneys not there)

i saw a thread on torinocobra.com where eibach sold 2" drop springs for the 71 torino....... that seems like the only option i have..... for the rear lowering blocks.....

any1 have any other suggestions

Yelcamino
03-14-2007, 07:19 AM
You might give Coil Spring Specialties a call and see what he can do for you. I sent him one of my front coils, specified a spring rate and ride height. He sent me a pair of springs for about $150 and they fit perfect and the ride height was spot on!

http://www.coilsprings.com/

shep
03-14-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't know how the ford is set up but you might be able to use circle track springs and an adjustable shim. Should be able to get both springs and shims for around $150.

Goatman
03-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Check out this months' Popular Hot Rodding. They just bought one and lower it by cutting the front spring (one coil) which comes out to about 2" of drop.

killerzracing71
03-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Yeah i saw that..... My dad gave me the okay to do it.... so that might be what i do but i plan on putting a 20" rim up front.... so ima have to wait till i get the new rim n the see if i can still drop it