PDA

View Full Version : Home Theaters

Midwest Performance
12-10-2004, 10:26 AM
I have always been impressed with my brother-in-laws theater(measures 20' X 30')and thought I would share some pictures. The T.V. is a 36" and the screen is 106". The projector is a Sharp DLP high definition unit. He is using Denon Reciever with 7 Polk speaker for surround and a Sunfire signature series sub. The sub alone is 2700 watts and can produce 118db of base!
Well I just thought it would be fun to share.

Kevin

Boyd
12-10-2004, 11:48 AM
SWEET!! Do you know which Denon he's using?

68BNUT
12-10-2004, 12:07 PM
sweeet my partner at work is into all that home theater stuff so im always getting to see some trick setups on av123 :cool:

CAMAROBOY69
12-10-2004, 12:39 PM
There is a guy on a Chevy Colorado site that has a home theater that you could only dream of owning. Its absolutely mind boggling!! He even has rows of reclining leather seats on different levels.
Midwest Performance, yours is nice too. I would be happy if I even had anything close to that. I still have a 19" TV from 11 years ago. My sound system is great but I really need a bigger tv. :lmao:

Zefhix
12-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Custom Home Theater Design and install is what I do for a living. It's a lot of fun and because I already have an expensive hobby, I don't take advantage of half the stuff I could for a kick-ass HT setup. Their is so many options/solutions for different rooms that sometimes people just don't know until we come out and talk with them. The technology in a few of these sets and projectors is unreal as well as the surround fields we can create in funky room conditions. Check out our co. website
www.abbottsav.com

Most of the pics on the site are from our showrooms. :)
P.S. I think one of the coolest things about really nice HT setups are the insane levels of automation that can be reliably achieved to operate the ENTIRE home. It's truly amazing.

mdprovee
12-10-2004, 01:42 PM
I wish I would quit spending so much on my car, so I could have one of those systems, and some other toys. Right now camaro has priority though. Nice set up Kevin.

Kieth, looks like top of the line stuff. Maybe someday for me.

Mike

Zefhix
12-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Keith, looks like top of the line stuff. Maybe someday for me.

Mike

Yeah, you and me both!!! I love cars too much to have another hobby. I mean, I was thinking about getting better at Golf but the HT stuff is just hard for me to swallow. A nice setup for one room is in the 40K range just in electronics....crazy stuff.

J-Rod
12-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Custom Home Theater Design and install is what I do for a living. It's a lot of fun and because I already have an expensive hobby, I don't take advantage of half the stuff I could for a kick-ass HT setup. Their is so many options/solutions for different rooms that sometimes people just don't know until we come out and talk with them. The technology in a few of these sets and projectors is unreal as well as the surround fields we can create in funky room conditions. Check out our co. website
www.abbottsav.com

Most of the pics on the site are from our showrooms. :)
P.S. I think one of the coolest things about really nice HT setups are the insane levels of automation that can be reliably achieved to operate the ENTIRE home. It's truly amazing.

Wow, that's cool! I work for an architecture firm and because of my knowledge in electronics, we've recently had a slew of home theaters as well as audio/video centers come to us for design work. We just did an underground 1200sq. ft. home theater with a rear projection unit...guy has WAY too much money for his own good.

I'm like you though, my car hobby eats up all my fun money:) I recently bought a new Wega though, and decided it deserved a custom entertainment center:) I love designing/building furniture.....ALMOSt as much as cars:) lol

My Entertainment Center (http://images.earlyapex.net/Misc/?fidx=7)

Zefhix
12-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Nice...very modern. I love the cable suspension stuff.... :cool:
I wish I had more pics here but we keep them at teh design center not the sattelite store I'm in today. Here's one, though, we did for my client. He wanted a simple sports-book setup. The big screen is 61" and the tubes are 27". The ticker was kinda cool, too. Made me want to get one for the garage for auto stuff but then i saw the monthly subscription....YIKES!!!

trapin
12-10-2004, 05:33 PM
All that to watch Spongebob Squarepants? :smoke:

You're Brother-n-law has the HT from hell, man. I would love to have something like that but ALAS! a certain Chevy coupe needs my attention out in the garage.