PDA

View Full Version : What kind of paint looks good on exhaust?

yody
12-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Got some of my exhaust done, and wanted to paint it because ceramic coating the entire exhaust cost way too much money!! Eastwood sells a paint that looks good, I have also used duplicolors ceramic 1200 degree paint but that stuff is too shiny. I want something that looks decent but not totally spray painted, andy suggestions or pics?

Matt@RFR
12-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Barbeque paint works well, and tends to be satin. My mom painted her exhaust at the welds with silver BBQ paint and it matches the aluminized tubing exactly. It's not a daily driver ('73 Nova) but the paint has held up extremely well for about 4 years now.

RatMalibu
12-10-2004, 10:15 PM
heh 3M weld through primer looks almost identical to aluminumized exhaust pipe....it will eventually darken but it still looks good :) I use it on any welds I make

Buick Motorsports
12-24-2004, 10:50 AM
I have used VHT cast iron manifold paint with great success. It does have more of that spaypainted look, but it's proven very durable and stays cleaner looking than most other paints I've used.

I also really liked it, because it was subtly different than the rest of the undercarriage. Which in most cases is black.